Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elx825 and Ex825. Difference??????

Hi everyone,

i need some help with the export and export select drums.I noticed that there is a difference in price but the elx825 and ex825 seem almost the same. can some please tell me the difference? Thanks a lot!!

The ELX is not a wraped finish instead it is a Laquor type finish that shows the wood grain . Other than that they are the same .

Comment

thanks a lot!!!!

Comment

elx have wood hoops on the bassdrum as well, which look and sound better.
        'You always smell the same, everything smells of you'
        RBDR army: Raw and Dry, *****es

Comment

RE: ELX

My son plays a new ELX 6pc kit and it sounds great! Looks great to! I personally like wood grain over a wraped shell. Just my 2cts worth. Thanks, Rich.
          www.drummin4jesus.info

Romans 10:9-10
          Rejoice! Performing Arts Studio "Where the arts are used for God's Glory"

Comment

when i got my elx

the dude there said that with the laquer finish it gives a better sound than a wrap finish

Elx's look better too
            **Lil Drummer Girl**

Comment

RE: Lil-drummer-girl

I believe thats true. Not having a wrap on the shell allows it to resonate more. Good point! Rich.
              www.drummin4jesus.info

Romans 10:9-10
              Rejoice! Performing Arts Studio "Where the arts are used for God's Glory"

Comment

there is a difference the elx has less ring but u can buy muffling rings for much less to put on the ex and the plates on the drums are 24 karot on the elx so i would so go ex unless u want to pay that much for gold plates which arent to important for me

Comment

you're not paying that price for badges... you're paying that price for a laquer finish, wood hoops, and theoretically more resonance...
                  *PCF*{PityTheFoo}- /S.H.O.T/

Comment

Very Nice Point

Comment

Originally posted by BmDrummer578
                      there is a difference the elx has less ring but u can buy muffling rings for much less to put on the ex and the plates on the drums are 24 karot on the elx so i would so go ex unless u want to pay that much for gold plates which arent to important for me
                      not quite sure what the heck you are trying to say at the beginning. as far as the "gold plates" you speak of, where did you get that information? I havnt heard it anywhere, and I seriously doubt it. If they are infact made of true gold, then why doesnt pearl brag about it everywhere? I sure would if I were them, but I havnt heard anything about gold badges anywhere ever on any drum.
                      "What if pop music actually became good some day?"
                      -me
                      masterworks pics can be found at http://community.webshots.com/user/zilflight

Comment

if your planning on buying one of those, think of what ull be using it for. the wrapped ex would be more durable, better for gigging, but the elx is good for personal practice or light gigging. u get the point.
                        End of post...scroll up and re-read.

Comment

Working...
                        X