Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where shoul I use my new cowbell... ?

HI!
    I just got a new cowbell, and I want to get the HD to mount it in my export... But depending where I want it to be used is the HD I'll buy... I have in mind some places, but I wanna check out to place it where it could be the most useful... Playing all types of music, with out change it of place... So, what d u say?
    Pearl
    0%
    Latin Percussion
    0%
    Toca
    0%
    Remo
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Unniquadium | Mx

Well...that all kind of depends on your kit configuration. See if a friend has some mounting stuff you can borrow, and then place it in different places, and just see which one works out the best. I would place it to the right of my set, somewhere near the ride.
    My self-built bebop kit, natural finish.

I am trying to rid from my life all that I can do without, including drum gear.
    I am selling:
    Sabian 17" AA Metal-X Crash
    Sabian 18" AA Heavy Ride
    Sabian 14" B8Pro Medium Hihats
    Zildjian 18" Oriental China Trash

Please PM if interested.

Comment

thanx...

If I'll find one who can borrow me that stuff, ill try it...
      Unniquadium | Mx

Comment

I use the Tama Cowbell mount and have it at the top of my right bass drum so its near the snare and ride, very easy access.
        FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
        http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

Comment

SLIPKNOT1: cool... could u tell me what kind of music d u play? Maybe, that can be an influence in this decision... dont u think so?
          Unniquadium | Mx

Comment

I haven't got a cowbell yet but i'm hoping to get one soon. I'm going to put on the right near my ride cymbal and china cymbal, hanging over my floor tom.
            My original band: NO LONGER I
            www.facebook.com/nolongerimusic

My covers band: THE MORNING AFTER
            www.facebook.com/themorningaftercovers

My acoustic duo: THE AKOUSTICKS
            www.facebook.com/theakousticks

Comment

Sounds cool OWI...

Cool... as I said, that place sounds interesting... hey? Nobody has used percussion??? Vote for ur favorite brand!!! I would do it, but, I have no favorite yet. Anyway, I'm interested in pearl percussion... but LP sounds maybe better... percussion is the best it produced.
              Unniquadium | Mx

Comment

As I've only got a small kit (unlike Slipknot1 !) I have my (Pearl) cowbell between my hi-hats and the first rack tom, mounted off a cymbal stand so I can play it with either hand. You can see a picture here
                2002 Pearl ELX in Cobalt Mist 10"x8", 12"x10", 13"x11", 16"x16", 22"x16", 14"x5.5"
                Sabian cymbals: HHX 16" Ozone; Sig. 10" Glennie's Garbage; AAX 6" splash; AA El Sabor Salsa 13" Splash; Pro Sonix 14" hats, 20" ride, 14" & 16" crashes & 16" china; Pro 14" mini china & 12" china splash

Comment

I have my cowbel between my snare on flor tom, it's clamped on to the bass. I think if you could aford 2 to put one on the bass an the other on the ride cymbal stand but if you only get one you best bet is to put it near your ride cymbal because i find having it between the snare and floor tom is ver anoying because it moves around a little bit and you have to move your snare out a bit and al that sort of crap so you should defo get it on your ride stand/near ride cymbal!
                  Boom Chi BuBoom Boom Chi

Comment

My setup is the same as NEZ ... I think if you put your cowbell near your hi-hat it give you more options ....

c ya ...
                    If you think you drink too much .... it's an illusion .... drink more !!!

Comment

cool... but...

Originally posted by Nez
                      As I've only got a small kit (unlike Slipknot1 !) I have my (Pearl) cowbell between my hi-hats and the first rack tom, mounted off a cymbal stand so I can play it with either hand. You can see a picture here
                      Hi!
                      I guess I'll put it on the right part of my set... Using the cowbell where u said, won't let me make some grooves using the tom toms...
                      Unniquadium | Mx

Comment

Over the hihats

You could place it on the left side of your drum set, between the hi hats and the first Tom on your Left, maybe as if it was a splash. it´s really comfortable to play it that way, it also gives you more options and you can play any kind of music if it´s placed there. But the most important is what feels good to you.

Hope i helped ya.
                        Viva México Cabrones!

Comment

On my old Ludwig kit, I had 4 toms across the top. I mounted the cowbell on a tom stand, directly in front, just beyond toms 2 and 3, slightly above them. ( like where a small splash would go) Easy to get at, not in the way of anything else, convenient for doing licks with toms. Try it, you like it.
                          Give me double bass, or give me death !

Comment

Here's an idea

Hang it on your favorite cow!

Comment

Hey! As a latin rythms drummer i have had to use a lot of cowbell. The Cuban music is full of it. I think you should try with a clamp mounted on the bass drum hoop. For example the MEINL MCBD or the TAMA CBH20 might fit your expectations .You have a huge brand of them to choose, so, find one that not damage the hoop. You might enjoy it as the cowbell is really close to you to reach it back when breaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X