Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die-Nasty and Blue Devils getting divorced

Dynasty USA / Blue Devils
    Dynasty announces the end of an era with the Blue Devils organization. “The Blue Devils have been an amazing partner over the last 10 years. The organizations competition record has set new standards in the drum corps activity and Dynasty was proud to provide the equipment to make them a force over the last decade. The Blue Devils have been a huge part in helping us produce the finest Brass and Percussion instruments on the market. The Blue Devils have pursued many avenues over the last couple of years to create a stronger identity for their organization. The business endeavors of the organization are not in line with maintaining Dynasty’s current market plan. We wish the best for the Blue Devils and look forward to pursuing exciting new avenues for the growth of Dynasty USA." said Mark Schafer President of Dynasty USA.

Wonder if they are jumping on the Jupiter bandwagon, moving up to Yamaha drums and horns, or what?
    You don't suppose they'd be moving to Pearl drums do you? (Actually heard a rumor they were going wih Pearl and King horns)...
    Last edited by Jazzycat1; 10-09-2009, 12:37 PM.
    My Rogers Kit:

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...post1853930745

My Tama Kit:

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...post1852531309

Originally posted by Jazzycat1 View Post
    Dynasty USA / Blue Devils
    Dynasty announces the end of an era with the Blue Devils organization. “The Blue Devils have been an amazing partner over the last 10 years. The organizations competition record has set new standards in the drum corps activity and Dynasty was proud to provide the equipment to make them a force over the last decade. The Blue Devils have been a huge part in helping us produce the finest Brass and Percussion instruments on the market. The Blue Devils have pursued many avenues over the last couple of years to create a stronger identity for their organization. The business endeavors of the organization are not in line with maintaining Dynasty’s current market plan. We wish the best for the Blue Devils and look forward to pursuing exciting new avenues for the growth of Dynasty USA." said Mark Schafer President of Dynasty USA.

Wonder if they are jumping on the Jupiter bandwagon, moving up to Yamaha drums and horns, or what?
    You don't suppose they'd be moving to Pearl drums do you? (Actually heard a rumor they were going wih Pearl and King horns)...
    I knew this was coming. I also heard the rumour about Pearl drums. While Pearl's marching products are great no doubt, I would love to see them back on Yamaha. Considering the custom finish options are endless from Yamaha, I think they could get some fantastic drums. We all know BD sounded brilliant on Yamaha.
    Headhunters Sticks and Creations Artist

Comment

Dude. Pearl and King is where it's at.

Comment

October 9, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HEADLINE: PEARL WELCOMES THE CONCORD BLUE DEVILS

Nashville, TN- The Pearl Corporation is pleased to announce the addition of The Blue Devils Organization as the newest member of their elite Drum Corps International (DCI) roster. The Blue Devils have won a total of 13 DCI World Championships and 11 High Percussion Awards, and are the 2009 DCI World Champions and High Percussion Award recipients. As a perennial powerhouse in DCI, The Blue Devils have finished in DCI’s top 5 for the last 28 consecutive years.

Also joining Pearl’s roster of world-renowned artists and educators is The Blue Devils Percussion Director, Scott Johnson. Johnson is one of the most sought after percussion arrangers and marching percussion clinicians in the world today, with personal awards including 13 DCI championships, 12 DCI High Percussion Awards, 2 WGI Championships and the 1977 DCI Individual Snare Championship. The addition of both the Blue Devils and Scott Johnson fortifies an already impressive DCI roster that includes the Santa Clara Vanguard, Boston Crusaders, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, The Troopers and Spirit.

“We at the Pearl Corporation are very proud to have the Blue Devils and Scott Johnson as part of the Pearl family of artists,” said Rudy Gowern, Marketing and Product Manager for Pearl Marching Percussion. “We believe we manufacture the very best drums and percussion instruments available in the world today, along with distributing the amazing Adams family of instruments, and part of that confidence includes having the very best organizations stand behind your product.”
        sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

NO WAY!!! Aghhh!!!

If only they'd go back to Vic Firth or with Innovative! That'd be a match made in heaven. But, no, the must stick with their ProMarks. Bleh.
          sigpic

It's important to play the spaces. Silence can speak so loudly.
          Carter Beauford, modern drummer september 1997
          Originally posted by MisterMixelpix
          Yeah I gotta admit she managed to tune her cymbals pretty well.

Comment

This is going to be a fantastic move on the Blue Devils part. Not that I hate Dynasty, I do own one of their drums and I do love it to death, but I think they're going to sound so much better with the Pearl products.

Tree- If only they'd go back to Yamaha and Vic...those lines of the 90's were EPIC
            Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
            Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

Comment

This means all those Dynasty fanboys have to go buy Pearl drums. C'mon, no one actually likes the sound of Die-nasty drums.

Comment

My heart just shattered into a million pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by PureRockFury View Post
                  This means all those Dynasty fanboys have to go buy Pearl drums. C'mon, no one actually likes the sound of Die-nasty drums.
                  Unless they like countertops.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                    Come on, you can't hate the Dynasty now that a certain Mr. Rennick has made them sound so amazing. I used to think they were okay, but after I heard PR's, I realized that BD's suck.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Intensity View Post
                      Tree- If only they'd go back to Yamaha and Vic...those lines of the 90's were EPIC
                      Totally, but at least the Pearl's are a step in the right direction. And ProMark must've given BD one hell of a deal, because all of the System Blue crap is exactly what they had with Vic Firth, just with they're own full line of stuff, instead of of it being Scott Johnson's.

Personally, I think ProMark sticks don't sound nice nor last. And, their marching stick bags look terrible. I'm running VF right now, but am talking to an IP rep about an endorsement. Love both.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                        Sounds like any typical modern drumline.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreaming Tree View Post
                          Come on, you can't hate the Dynasty now that a certain Mr. Rennick has made them sound so amazing. I used to think they were okay, but after I heard PR's, I realized that BD's suck.
                          Which were prototype drums that weren't available to all lines. I have had experience with old Dynasty drums when the only finish you could get was the red/black combination. They were always a tad boxy and dry. The modern drums don't sound much different.

I just hope BD takes advantage of that awesome bottom end Pearl bass drums have.

Comment

Which were prototype drums that weren't available to all lines. I have had experience with old Dynasty drums when the only finish you could get was the red/black combination. They were always a tad boxy and dry. The modern drums don't sound much different.

I just hope BD takes advantage of that awesome bottom end Pearl bass drums have.
                            If they were prototypes then they were no different than the drums they gave the Blue Devils as well; ChiaPet has one of the 2008 Phantom drums and other than the finish, he couldn't tell any difference between that drum, and say, my drum.

I get a good sound out of my drum, but I also know how to tune. Maybe the older drums spoiled your ears and now you never look at them the same, but I like my drum and I like the sound I get from it.

I do agree with you on the low end from the basses; Pearls basses make some noise and finally I'll be able to feel those lower drums.
                            Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
                            Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Intensity View Post
                              I do agree with you on the low end from the basses; Pearls basses make some noise and finally I'll be able to feel those lower drums.
                              I do want to feel them in my b*lls. It would complete BD's powerhouse brass... even though still can't compare with PR's.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X