• Show
Clear All

• Everything SABIAN #3

Let the goodness continue...

Everything SABIAN Part 2

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

So I'm ordering one of these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	21885xb-18-inch-aax-x-plosion-fast-crash_full.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	5174200

'Inching' my way into the big boys club.

Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

nice!!, got one of those badboys, love it to death. im planning on pairing her up with a 19 xplosion
      Sonor Force 3007
      http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ars&highlight=
      Sonor Phonic Plus
      http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...lus&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Football_Drums57 View Post
        nice!!, got one of those badboys, love it to death. im planning on pairing her up with a 19 xplosion
        Good man! I was thinking of getting both 18" & 19", but maybe one at a time. Does your 18" pair up with a 16" or 17" cymbal you have?

Comment

I have both an 18" and 17" AXXplosion. They sound a bit too close for me, but I make it work.

So a shop 'round here is going out of business and has two 19" Holy China's. This is one of the very, very few china cymbals I like. They are also easily the nicest cymbals they have left. They are being pretty stingy on the price drops though (in my opinion) and I am broke, unfortunately. That being said, I do have a threshold price in mind and if they eventually drop one below that price, you best believe I'm buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            Good man! I was thinking of getting both 18" & 19", but maybe one at a time. Does your 18" pair up with a 16" or 17" cymbal you have?
            Originally posted by Football_Drums57 View Post
            Originally posted by nik12 View Post
            I have both an 18" and 17" AXXplosion. They sound a bit too close for me, but I make it work.
            Try the AAX Dark crashes paired with the Explosion and/or Fast crashes. Heaven.

Comment

My most recent purchase is a 17" Sabian HHX Evolution Effeks Crash. I own it for about 12 hours now and already love it
              Sabian HHX Legacy / Evolution + several custom cymbals from Turkish brands

sigpic

Comment

I have both an 18" and 17" AXXplosion. They sound a bit too close for me
                funny, I happen to have kind of the same problem with my zildjian k thin crashes (17" and 18"). interestingly, my 17" and 18" Sabian Legacy crashes compliment each other really well. I think that this is simply part of natural sound variance every cymbal maker has...
                Sabian HHX Legacy / Evolution + several custom cymbals from Turkish brands

sigpic

Comment

So a shop 'round here is going out of business and has two 19" Holy China's. This is one of the very, very few china cymbals I like. They are also easily the nicest cymbals they have left. They are being pretty stingy on the price drops though (in my opinion) and I am broke, unfortunately. That being said, I do have a threshold price in mind and if they eventually drop one below that price, you best believe I'm buying it.
                  Hope you can land one, too loud for me!

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
                  funny, I happen to have kind of the same problem with my zildjian k thin crashes (17" and 18"). interestingly, my 17" and 18" Sabian Legacy crashes compliment each other really well. I think that this is simply part of natural sound variance every cymbal maker has...
                  I thought if I got the 18" XP Fast I'd be pairing it with my 16" Studio, or if I got the 19" XP Fast I'd pair it with the 17" Studio. Depends on what sizes I want for main crashes...

Comment

I'm looking for an effects type cymbal but not too loud and not a china. Some sort of trashy crash I'm thinking. I'm assuming ozone is the obvious choice but I'd like to look at a variety. Any ideas?
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    Pearl SMX Marine Blue Fade (outdoor pictures)
                    Pearl Limited Edition Burl Mahogany Snare
                    Vintage 60s Ludwig snare restoration
                    Sabian cymbals and Vic Firth sticks

Comment

Originally posted by livingstone View Post
                      I'm looking for an effects type cymbal but not too loud and not a china. Some sort of trashy crash I'm thinking. I'm assuming ozone is the obvious choice but I'd like to look at a variety. Any ideas?
                      Ozone cymbals are great. I have two 18" ozones... An HHX and an AAX, and I love them both.
                      Mapex Saturn: 8 , 10 , 12, 14, 16, 22 B 14 & 13 S
                      Mapex Saturn V: 10, 12, 16, 22 B
                      Drumcraft Series 8 Maple: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, B, & 14, 13, 12, & 10 S
                      Drumcraft Series 7 Birch: 8, 10, 12, 14,16, (2) 22 B, & 14 S
                      Yamaha Stage Custom: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22 B

Comment

There's the HHXtreme, HHX/Vault/Signature Fierce, and Evolution Effeks crashes too.

Comment

Quieter trashy crashes... Just about any overly thin, overly hammered cymbal will be close to that.

Comment

13" AA El Sabor?

Comment

Could always look into a stack, perhaps.
                              Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

www.twitter.com/MAbbottWriting
                              www.facebook.com/maarkabbottwriting
                              Incarnate, Book 1 of Ageless, due Q2-3 2016!

Comment

Working...
                              X