keep scoring :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep scoring :)

seems lots of people aren't testing there cymbals before purchase . today for the second time in a month i have been able to give a sabian 16 aa medium and receive a 20'' paragon crash.
    got G.A.S. ?

Are you talking about getting a free crash when buying one or trading in an old one for new?

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

just people trading them online.......locally on craigslist. typically the person bought a cymbal with a lil to much weight and are happy to trade me a nice 20'' for a smaller and brighter 16'' just been the trend for the last bit......i got tons of 16''s so it is nice to be able to trade them off for something of more use to me.
      got G.A.S. ?

Comment

Yeah I hear ya. I buy my cymbals online so I rely on the sound samples for guidance. Obviously it's not the same as having the actual cymbal to try but that's not possible if I'm not buying from a store. I've been caught once, bought a brand new Paiste China which didn't sound like I'd hoped so sold it again. Only to find out it had some lathing defects which made me wonder if it was a fake imported copy. Whole exercise cost me $150!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

I was going to say, more people are probably buying online which is both good and bad. Sounds like it's good for you, though! If only I could trade up one of my crashes...
          I love when my cymbals talk dirty to me.
          Tama Swingstar
          My Ocean Sparkle Kit
          My Ebay
          Currently After: 8x7, 16x13, & 20x18 MMX Ocean Sparkle w/ Satin Hardware - Please PM if you found some!!

Comment

I too prefer to buy my cymbals online. I'd rather rely on the sound clip(s) found online than sit in a Guitar Center and have a 12 yr old kid smash the hell out of a holy china right next to my face, while I'm testing out rides.

Usually goes something like that anyways...
            Currently looking for:

(used) PCX-100's
            (used) CH2000's.
            (used) DR501C - curved icon.

//\\(,,;._.;,,)//\\ Eek, I'm a spider!

Comment

my cymbal.com is awesome............
              got G.A.S. ?

Comment

Originally posted by louse View Post
                my cymbal.com is awesome............
                I agree. Peace and goodwill.
                Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex MPX (snare, )Mapex Armory Sabre (Snare), Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms; Sabian HHX, AAX, XS20, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

Comment

Working...
                X