Name:	BCABC2A2-4F5D-4974-94B4-DDF8BBBFF731.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	5215899

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Thanks for all the details, Matt. That's quite the process!
    It actually goes very quickly once I'm all set up. To clean all of my cymbals I have up on the kit (currently 19), it usually takes 1.5-2 hours, maybe a little less. Smaller cymbals only take a couple minutes, while bigger ones take about 5-7 minutes each.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Foreman
    replied
    Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thanks Mike! I swear I replied to your question previously, but I don't see it... so here it goes. I have a wash-tub in the laundry room... so I use it for cleaning and rinsing. I use diluted cymbal cleaner, either the old Sabian spray or Kick'N Brass, but they are both discontinued now. When I run out of them, I'm going to Groove Juice... recommended by Chris at Drums on Sale. I use 1 bottle of cleaner to 2 bottles of water. I also use a foaming sprayer, but I'm still working on finding the perfect one. I spray both sides of the cymbal and work the cleaner all around with a soft towel. After I think both sides have been cleaned by the acid, I rinse the cymbal thoroughly and dry the cymbal with several towels. Each towel drier than the next. After cleaning 20 cymbals, the third drying towel is still pretty dry, which means I'm drying the cymbals pretty thoroughly. That's it. I used Groove Juice during my visit to Drums on Sale, and I can say it is far less caustic than the old Sabian spray or Kick'N Brass... those two products gave off fumes that were very difficult to tolerate.
    Thanks for all the details, Matt. That's quite the process!

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by TMdrums View Post
    Agree! Those cymbals look awesome! Great collection!
    Thanks TM... that's only (literally) half of it. I would post my full collection here, but it's 14 pics... and I don't want to have to make 4 posts for that (only 4 pics per post).

Leave a comment:

• TMdrums
    replied
    Beautiful!

Could you describe the bath process? Clearly your method works.
    Agree! Those cymbals look awesome! Great collection!

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Beautiful! Could you describe the bath process? Clearly your method works.
    Thanks Mike! I swear I replied to your question previously, but I don't see it... so here it goes. I have a wash-tub in the laundry room... so I use it for cleaning and rinsing. I use diluted cymbal cleaner, either the old Sabian spray or Kick'N Brass, but they are both discontinued now. When I run out of them, I'm going to Groove Juice... recommended by Chris at Drums on Sale. I use 1 bottle of cleaner to 2 bottles of water. I also use a foaming sprayer, but I'm still working on finding the perfect one. I spray both sides of the cymbal and work the cleaner all around with a soft towel. After I think both sides have been cleaned by the acid, I rinse the cymbal thoroughly and dry the cymbal with several towels. Each towel drier than the next. After cleaning 20 cymbals, the third drying towel is still pretty dry, which means I'm drying the cymbals pretty thoroughly. That's it. I used Groove Juice during my visit to Drums on Sale, and I can say it is far less caustic than the old Sabian spray or Kick'N Brass... those two products gave off fumes that were very difficult to tolerate.

Leave a comment:

• Thrush
    replied
    Anyone ever seen this before: spotted a pair of Dyno Beat's while scrolling through eBay, but I've never seen any with additional vent holes before. Nothing in the description about them being custom (or about them at all) and looking at the pics, although hard to tell as they're not the highest res, they don't look home-made
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mike Foreman
    replied
    Some of my beauties got a bath today. The rest will get cleaned during the week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518176[/ATTACH]
    Beautiful!

Could you describe the bath process? Clearly your method works.

Leave a comment:

• NO DRUMS
    replied
    Some of my beauties got a bath today. The rest will get cleaned during the week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518176[/ATTACH]
    A great collection and looking brand new.
    Ok, here are my tin cansClick image for larger version

Name:	5595A51C-3F08-4D17-94EF-2C0F282D285E.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	5215840Click image for larger version

Name:	E2B3B0A7-FAE7-4CDF-B15E-EF4B4B2F0A54.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	5215841

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	cymbals1small.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	5215836

Click image for larger version

Name:	cymbals2small.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	5215837

Leave a comment:

• HowlerMonkey
    replied

and the stamp

Small hole

Stamp

Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 03-31-2020, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thrush
    replied
    Sound good - trashy and cutting, pretty much what you'd expect when you think about it!

Leave a comment:

• Mirkko DeMaio
    replied
    I've uploaded a clip on my Instagram story, go check it out http://www.instagram.com/mirkkodemaio

Leave a comment:

• Thrush
    replied
    Nice, if you decide to do a quick demo video of it next time you're at the kit, I'd love to hear it

Leave a comment:

• Mirkko DeMaio
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrush View Post
    Talk to me about that Z under the K - is it an older (pre Custom) splash on top of another cymbal to make a stack? I noticed the hi hat clutch - is it used like a hi hat, or on an x-hat?
    Exactly- Old Z Splash 12" on a Oriental China Trash 14" as stack

Leave a comment:

Working...
X