Dream Cymbals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Cymbals??

Does anyone have any dream cymbals? Are they good stuff? How do they hold up? I was looking around for a new crash and splash and saw some dream cymbals, the prices are really low. I thought i remembered reading a few good things about them a while back but cant really remember and i searched and cant find any reviews or opinions on them. The bliss and the contact series is what i saw for cheap, are they a low series? Are they any good? I dont have any shops around that carry them so cant test them out personally. Thanks
    Pearl
    Sabian
    Remo

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...6&page=1&pp=20

Dreams are great cymbals, both bliss and contact are nice, affordable lines.
    My Ludwig Classic Maples

Comment

I would highly recommend them.

check out virtualcymbal.com to see videos of dream cymbals, you can hear the exact cymbal you are buying.

Comment

The low price is a plus, but you should get them for the sound, not just the price. They don't sound at all like anything the Big3 (Paiste, Sabian and Zildjian) make, they've got their own sound and character to them. They're also not very consistent, so it's best to try them out in person or if you want to buy online to listen through the soundfiles very carefully.

Comment

Many highly respected members here use and love them, just because they aren't in the big 3 doesn't mean they can't produce a beautiful sounding cymbal [which is the impression I get from many].
          They may be cheaply prices, but by no-means does that mean they sell cheap, most of the more 'remote' brands such as Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet and Agop, Meinl, Dream, Diril etc are priced cheaper than the big 3, yet have a just as nice personality, you just need to have a listen to them. Some like them some don't.

Comment

^ this.

plus i like to mix different brands for variety.
            my setup, when they all arrive will consist of what's in my sig.

Comment

Listen before you buy and let your ears determine your spending. Yes the Bliss and Contact are cheap, but I didn't go with them because they didn't fit the sound I was after.

My 20" Energy Crash/Ride, however, is one of the best cymbals I've ever owned. It's complex, a joy to play, and is one of the few cymbals that deserves the title 'crash/ride.' The Energies are more suited to rock music, amplified settings, etc. They're thicker and brighter than the Bliss and Contacts while still retaining the complexity and musicality Dreams are known for.
              Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
              1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
              1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

Comment

I got a 22" Dream Bliss Paperthin Crash/Ride about 2 months ago. I've used it twice. It is an amazing cymbal and I was surprised at how much I loved it. Gave a full, deep, big crash sound. It unfortunately tho didn't fit with the style of music we're doing, so I'm having to get rid of it

Comment

They're really hit and miss in my experience.

Comment

I own a 24" bliss half cup and a 22" bliss paperthin.
                    The paperthin is silky smooth.

I love them both to death and so do all of my drumming friends!

but yeah certianly have to buy by ear with these via soundclip or playing them in a shop.
                    Paiste Cymbals Artist | Innovative Percussion Artist
                    jeffmeloen.com

Comment

Originally posted by adamsara0507
                      I got a 22" Dream Bliss Paperthin Crash/Ride about 2 months ago. I've used it twice. It is an amazing cymbal and I was surprised at how much I loved it. Gave a full, deep, big crash sound. It unfortunately tho didn't fit with the style of music we're doing, so I'm having to get rid of it
                      By "we" do you mean your band? So you only keep cymbals that fit the music your band plays? Don't you ever just practice by yourself or play in some ensembles at school where you could use it? It's such a shame to see you sell it for a reason like that.. there's nothing wrong with collecting cymbals!

Comment

Originally posted by thismercifulfate
                        By "we" do you mean your band? So you only keep cymbals that fit the music your band plays? Don't you ever just practice by yourself or play in some ensembles at school where you could use it? It's such a shame to see you sell it for a reason like that.. there's nothing wrong with collecting cymbals!
                        yeah good points!
                        and he certainly seems like he can afford to keep it...
                        Paiste Cymbals Artist | Innovative Percussion Artist
                        jeffmeloen.com

Comment

Originally posted by thismercifulfate
                          Well, I mainly got it for my small kit, and I hardly ever use that setup. I thought about keeping it as well, but it's been sitting in my bag since the 2nd time I used it. I have regretted getting rid of some cymbals before, so maybe I should hang on to it.........

Comment

Originally posted by adamsara0507
                            Well, I mainly got it for my small kit, and I hardly ever use that setup. I thought about keeping it as well, but it's been sitting in my bag since the 2nd time I used it. I have regretted getting rid of some cymbals before, so maybe I should hang on to it.........
                            It's a $140, you could maybe get $100 if you sold it, you might as well hang on to it since you do like it!

Comment

i've noticed that the resale value isnt so great. hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X