X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO DRUMS
    replied
    Correction, I purchase some zildjian paste cymbal polish today-and it work fantastic, even better then the bar keeper but then again maybe the zildjian polish is made Specifically for the shiny finish on the A custom .

Leave a comment:

• NO DRUMS
    replied
    Originally posted by jlanephoto View Post
    After spending entirely too much time researching cymbal cleaning, decided to take the Barkeeper's Friend liquid route. Test cases were a Zildjian 18" Medium Crash, and a 15" K Thin Dark Crash. I am not from the school of removing logos, so I avoided using cleaner on the logos themselves. Plus I figured it would give me a good contrast on the cymbal (this was the first time I tried to clean my cymbals) to see how well the BKF did or didn't do. Given the amount of posts that I have read and the corresponding lack of before and after photos, thought I'd share my results for anyone that might be interested. [ATTACH=CONFIG]513734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513737[/ATTACH]

I will tell you I am pleasantly surprised what BKF liquid did. Apply, let sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry. You will see around the logos, especially on the K what the difference is. I may at some point do a little more detail work to get closer to the logos, but for now I'm just really excited with how well they came out with what effort I put in to them.
    So far for me nothing works better than bar keeper friends powder

Leave a comment:

• jlanephoto
    replied
    Bar Keepers Friend Fan

After spending entirely too much time researching cymbal cleaning, decided to take the Barkeeper's Friend liquid route. Test cases were a Zildjian 18" Medium Crash, and a 15" K Thin Dark Crash. I am not from the school of removing logos, so I avoided using cleaner on the logos themselves. Plus I figured it would give me a good contrast on the cymbal (this was the first time I tried to clean my cymbals) to see how well the BKF did or didn't do. Given the amount of posts that I have read and the corresponding lack of before and after photos, thought I'd share my results for anyone that might be interested. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	5212884Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6144.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	5212885Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	5212886Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6142.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	5212887

I will tell you I am pleasantly surprised what BKF liquid did. Apply, let sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry. You will see around the logos, especially on the K what the difference is. I may at some point do a little more detail work to get closer to the logos, but for now I'm just really excited with how well they came out with what effort I put in to them.

Leave a comment:

• Drumolator
    replied
    Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    They scratch brilliant cymbals... trust me, I recently had 24 cymbals resurfaced, that all had hazing from using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on them. I don't know how they work on traditional finish cymbals.
    Wow! I have had no problems with any cymbals using Magic Erasers, B20 or B8, traditional or brilliant. Your "mileage" may vary. Peace and goodwill.

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Drumolator View Post
    If the cymbals are not too bad, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good. Forgive me if that has already been said; I did not read any other page of this besides this one. Peace and goodwill.
    They scratch brilliant cymbals... trust me, I recently had 24 cymbals resurfaced, that all had hazing from using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on them. I don't know how they work on traditional finish cymbals.

Leave a comment:

• Drumolator
    replied
    If the cymbals are not too bad, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good. Forgive me if that has already been said; I did not read any other page of this besides this one. Peace and goodwill.

Leave a comment:

• rollracer
    replied
    The Grunge version is stronger, and meant for more heavily corroded cymbals, especially traditional-finish cymbals with deeper grooves. If you're keeping up with cleaning, no need for the Grunge formula... even the plain Kick-n-Brass is too strong for me... that's why I cut in half with water.
    tried to find it out at my local musc store this morning.no luck, will order directly from the KNB webstore. they have a shipping deal,only 1 dollar added to each extra bottle. i plan to order 5 bottles.will last me couple years,even more once diluted 50-50

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^^

been back with brazzo after my last bottle of sabian cleaner......it gets me a nice brillant finish, but it,s time consuming. looking again for something faster than brazzo ; will try to find this kick'n'brass cleaner.......wonder what's the difference between the regular and GRUNGE version?
    The Grunge version is stronger, and meant for more heavily corroded cymbals, especially traditional-finish cymbals with deeper grooves. If you're keeping up with cleaning, no need for the Grunge formula... even the plain Kick-n-Brass is too strong for me... that's why I cut in half with water.

Leave a comment:

• rollracer
    replied
    ^^^^

been back with brazzo after my last bottle of sabian cleaner......it gets me a nice brillant finish, but it,s time consuming. looking again for something faster than brazzo ; will try to find this kick'n'brass cleaner.......wonder what's the difference between the regular and GRUNGE version?

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by TWH View Post
    What do you use?

I still need to give them a good polish, which I always shyed away from because getting around the logos was almost impossible. Now with this, it makes it so much easier.
    I use either Kick-n-Brass spray (diluted 1 bottle of water with 1 bottle of the K-N-B) OR the old Sabian spray for brilliant cymbals, diluted the same way. The Sabian spray is discontinued, but I still have some left. They both work well, but both make me choke, even in well-ventilated areas (obviously not well ventilated enough lol).

Leave a comment:

• TWH
    replied
    Bar Keeper's Friend works great in my bathroom. I will try it next time I have to clean off the oxidation, but it is equally a noxious as my other cymbal cleaning formula.
    What do you use?

I still need to give them a good polish, which I always shyed away from because getting around the logos was almost impossible. Now with this, it makes it so much easier.

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Bar Keeper's Friend works great in my bathroom. I will try it next time I have to clean off the oxidation, but it is equally a noxious as my other cymbal cleaning formula.

Leave a comment:

• TWH
    replied
    This stuff is amazing. Just got a new 20” HHX evo crash and when I put it on my kit, I noticed just how tarnished the rest of my cymbals were. I did some research online and came across a video using this spray foam. I picked some up and applied it, then rinsed with water and bingo, all the tarnish was gone!! They look practically brand new!

I did a side by side comparison to better showthe results.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MasterBlaster56
    replied
    It's all sugar, anyway. Sugar = BAD

Leave a comment:

• rollracer
    replied
    heinz ketchup,coca cola..........seriously ?

ahummmm...if true, i will never EVER AGAIN ingest any of those very,very popular products........supposed to be ate!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X