This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!!!!

thanks for the time and effort, im gonna try this cuz i hate the zildjian cleaner i use.
    I'm using my Christmas avatar until they are the correct size.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."- Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Comment

Alright I got a question for eeeeeveryone. Just bought this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...8&src=3SOSWXXA, Sabian Cymbal Cleaner, it's in a spray bottle thing.

On the side it says: contents are acidic, avoid breathing fumes, don't let it get in your eyes or swallow it. So I know I should do it in an open area, would a bathroom with the door open be alright? I don't know how I should keep from inhaling the fumes . Can anyone help?

Also I know this will work on my AAX cymbal but just to verify it will be fine for K, K Custom, A, and A Custom? I'll look up Invertalon's cymbals and see which of those series he has because I know he uses it, and I never forget his cymbals .
      My Drums (new pics Post 49) | My YouTube Videos
      I call no one my Father who's no closer than a stranger.
      Originally posted by fledgehog
      LIFE IS LIKE a GIRLFRIEND NOBODY ON PDF HAS ONE

Comment

Interestingly enough, I'm not a fan of cleaning my cymbals. I like warm, aged sounds that come with dirt and grime build-up I just wanted to create a thread that had all of this information in one place to make everyone's lives easier.

Don't worry too much about the Sabian fumes... just do it in an open area and don't take deep whiffs of it while its on the cymbal.

S

Comment

i want to ligthtly clean my ride ( meinl byzance). i was going to use windex just to see but i heard you should use one without ammonia and windex has it. someone recommended baking soda and water which is an all purpose cleaner. so my question is; should i? why or why not?

Comment

If you want clean cymbals, simply clean them every now and then with some mild dishwater and soft cloth. That will prevent a buildup of hard-to-remove-dirt.

When you start to use (cymbal) cleaners, the cymbals will oxidize and become dirty much faster after the cleaning.

Comment

Hey!

Is there any household products you can use, that wont take the logos off? I use meinl classic, if that helps?
              sigpic

WANTED: MAPEX TOM ARM (SINGLE)

Comment

Originally posted by tallica_head
                Hey!

Is there any household products you can use, that wont take the logos off? I use meinl classic, if that helps?
                Windex or a no-name glass cleaner is what I use for my cymbals, both traditional and brilliant. Doesn't do anything at all to the logos, at least on Zildjian and Sabian cymbals.

Don't use it on Paistes though.

Comment

ive used windex several times now and it seems to do the trick. the other thing i wanna try is baby oil. sounds promising...
                  Carpe Diem! It could be your last...

Mapex ~ Pearl ~ Sabian ~ Vic Firth ~ Gibraltar

Comment

Originally posted by Johan VDS
                    If you want clean cymbals, simply clean them every now and then with some mild dishwater and soft cloth. That will prevent a buildup of hard-to-remove-dirt.

When you start to use (cymbal) cleaners, the cymbals will oxidize and become dirty much faster after the cleaning.
                    Sorry Johan, I used Sabian Cymbal Cleaner on my cymbals (AAX, K, K Custom, A, A Custom) almost one month ago and haven't observed this.

I don't know if the effect you speak of takes longer to be noticed but I think after one month it's relatively safe to say that nothing's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Facelessunknown
                      What a disappointment...
                      I just tried soap and water on only three of my cymbals, and I got no results.
                      I was hoping to end up with some nice shiny cymbals, but I guess I'll have to go and spend the money on the official cleaners.

At least now my cymbals smell clean. :-\
                      You're confusing "cleaning" with "polishing".

Soap and water is a great way to maintain already shiny cymbals because it removes the everyday funk and grime in the air that promotes the development of tarnish. It does nothing to remove the tarnish once it's there.

Comment

is there any good way of getting the logos off cymbals without causing damage?
                        My Kit | deviantART

Comment

Originally posted by mdcrisp2000
                          is there any good way of getting the logos off cymbals without causing damage?
                          I believe anything containing acetone such as nail polish remover should do the trick... I'm not 100% sure on the concentration though so if you do this I would dilute it before.

Or just wait for someone to come along and tell you.

Comment

i have Acustoms and i M A LITTLE AFRAID TO DO THIS BUT THEY KEEP TARNISHING but i am tired of cleaning them 1 time a week i use the sabian cymbal spray can u recommend anything else?
                            check out Me Band.www.PureVolume.com/Avonlea

Comment

yeah i have Acustoms and i clean them with the sabian polish but i dont think its workin well can i use somethin else i dont want to risk this stuff is there anything besides that and the zildjian creme i dont want to risk anythin but i want somethin to clean em up better than the sabian crap please help!!!???

Comment

i want somethin to clean my cymbals better than the sabian cleaner im usin on my Acustoms and i dont want to risk anythin that shouldnt be used for cleanin cymbals please help!!!???

Comment

Working...
                                X