Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Keeper's Friend works great in my bathroom. I will try it next time I have to clean off the oxidation, but it is equally a noxious as my other cymbal cleaning formula.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
      Bar Keeper's Friend works great in my bathroom. I will try it next time I have to clean off the oxidation, but it is equally a noxious as my other cymbal cleaning formula.
      What do you use?

I still need to give them a good polish, which I always shyed away from because getting around the logos was almost impossible. Now with this, it makes it so much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWH View Post
        What do you use?

I still need to give them a good polish, which I always shyed away from because getting around the logos was almost impossible. Now with this, it makes it so much easier.
        I use either Kick-n-Brass spray (diluted 1 bottle of water with 1 bottle of the K-N-B) OR the old Sabian spray for brilliant cymbals, diluted the same way. The Sabian spray is discontinued, but I still have some left. They both work well, but both make me choke, even in well-ventilated areas (obviously not well ventilated enough lol).

Comment

• ^^^^

been back with brazzo after my last bottle of sabian cleaner......it gets me a nice brillant finish, but it,s time consuming. looking again for something faster than brazzo ; will try to find this kick'n'brass cleaner.......wonder what's the difference between the regular and GRUNGE version?
          sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
          tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
          sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

• Originally posted by rollracer View Post
            ^^^^

been back with brazzo after my last bottle of sabian cleaner......it gets me a nice brillant finish, but it,s time consuming. looking again for something faster than brazzo ; will try to find this kick'n'brass cleaner.......wonder what's the difference between the regular and GRUNGE version?
            The Grunge version is stronger, and meant for more heavily corroded cymbals, especially traditional-finish cymbals with deeper grooves. If you're keeping up with cleaning, no need for the Grunge formula... even the plain Kick-n-Brass is too strong for me... that's why I cut in half with water.

Comment

The Grunge version is stronger, and meant for more heavily corroded cymbals, especially traditional-finish cymbals with deeper grooves. If you're keeping up with cleaning, no need for the Grunge formula... even the plain Kick-n-Brass is too strong for me... that's why I cut in half with water.
              tried to find it out at my local musc store this morning.no luck, will order directly from the KNB webstore. they have a shipping deal,only 1 dollar added to each extra bottle. i plan to order 5 bottles.will last me couple years,even more once diluted 50-50
              sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
              tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
              sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

• If the cymbals are not too bad, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good. Forgive me if that has already been said; I did not read any other page of this besides this one. Peace and goodwill.
                Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex MPX (snare, )Mapex Armory Sabre (Snare), Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms; Sabian HHX, AAX, XS20, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumolator View Post
                  If the cymbals are not too bad, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good. Forgive me if that has already been said; I did not read any other page of this besides this one. Peace and goodwill.
                  They scratch brilliant cymbals... trust me, I recently had 24 cymbals resurfaced, that all had hazing from using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on them. I don't know how they work on traditional finish cymbals.

Comment

They scratch brilliant cymbals... trust me, I recently had 24 cymbals resurfaced, that all had hazing from using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on them. I don't know how they work on traditional finish cymbals.
                    Wow! I have had no problems with any cymbals using Magic Erasers, B20 or B8, traditional or brilliant. Your "mileage" may vary. Peace and goodwill.
                    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex MPX (snare, )Mapex Armory Sabre (Snare), Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms; Sabian HHX, AAX, XS20, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

Comment

• Bar Keepers Friend Fan

After spending entirely too much time researching cymbal cleaning, decided to take the Barkeeper's Friend liquid route. Test cases were a Zildjian 18" Medium Crash, and a 15" K Thin Dark Crash. I am not from the school of removing logos, so I avoided using cleaner on the logos themselves. Plus I figured it would give me a good contrast on the cymbal (this was the first time I tried to clean my cymbals) to see how well the BKF did or didn't do. Given the amount of posts that I have read and the corresponding lack of before and after photos, thought I'd share my results for anyone that might be interested. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	5212884Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6144.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	5212885Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	5212886Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6142.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	5212887

I will tell you I am pleasantly surprised what BKF liquid did. Apply, let sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry. You will see around the logos, especially on the K what the difference is. I may at some point do a little more detail work to get closer to the logos, but for now I'm just really excited with how well they came out with what effort I put in to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlanephoto View Post
                        After spending entirely too much time researching cymbal cleaning, decided to take the Barkeeper's Friend liquid route. Test cases were a Zildjian 18" Medium Crash, and a 15" K Thin Dark Crash. I am not from the school of removing logos, so I avoided using cleaner on the logos themselves. Plus I figured it would give me a good contrast on the cymbal (this was the first time I tried to clean my cymbals) to see how well the BKF did or didn't do. Given the amount of posts that I have read and the corresponding lack of before and after photos, thought I'd share my results for anyone that might be interested. [ATTACH=CONFIG]513734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513737[/ATTACH]

I will tell you I am pleasantly surprised what BKF liquid did. Apply, let sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry. You will see around the logos, especially on the K what the difference is. I may at some point do a little more detail work to get closer to the logos, but for now I'm just really excited with how well they came out with what effort I put in to them.
                        So far for me nothing works better than bar keeper friends powder

Comment

• Correction, I purchase some zildjian paste cymbal polish today-and it work fantastic, even better then the bar keeper but then again maybe the zildjian polish is made Specifically for the shiny finish on the A custom .

Comment

Working...
                          X