No announcement yet.

Cracked CRB floor tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I got the 1st replacement hoop on Monday very fast from talking to dealer them sending it to Pearl then to me super fast. Also put REMO clear ambassadors on tom batter side and all I can say is I love them, screws staying tight too must be those crappy stock pearl heads causing that I suppose. Anyway awaiting the 2nd replacement hoop as we speak. As far as my hardware its seems fine along with the optimounts which have a lifetime warranty I think. And installed a EMAD2 and sounds like thunder my fave kick of the 3 Pearl Sets I own. Also Pearl Please ditch the 2ply stock heads on theess and atleast put on single ply cheapos. The DW design series acrylics come with REMO ambassadors on res and batter side a powerwstoke3 bass drum plus a snare and they sound nice had some, but been wanting these tangerine crystal beats since they came out only other issue i have with these is I ordered a 8 inch tom in jan and its on backorder and no concert toms in this color wth lol.
    Last edited by dunnigan66; 03-09-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dunnigan66 View Post
      Ok I got the 1st replacement hoop on Monday very fast from talking to dealer them sending it to Pearl then to me super fast. Also put REMO clear ambassadors on tom batter side and all I can say is I love them, screws staying tight too must be those crappy stock pearl heads causing that I suppose.
      It's not just the stock heads causing it. At least, it wasn't on my kit. They did sound nice when they were in tune though.
      Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
        It's not just the stock heads causing it. At least, it wasn't on my kit. They did sound nice when they were in tune though.
        I did add some Tama plasitc washers when I replaced the heads maybe that helped like someone suggested on another thread.
        Last edited by dunnigan66; 03-10-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therocker View Post
          This could be avoided if Pearl simple stopped offering floor toms with legs. Just make them ALL mounted. Problem solved!
          I would love it if they offered suspended floor toms in the CB series

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me, I mean about the floor tom bracket, but it happened as I was unboxing and setting the floor toms legs for the first time. This was just this week. I have played pearl for 30 years and currently own an export EX (which is about 20 years old) a vision birch VBA kit, a masters MCX and a masters BCX, and I have never had any issues with any of them. This is really dissapointing. I decided to put optimounts on the floor toms, but still I am worried about future hardware failure because I hadn´t even played my drum set when this happened.
            Also as I was unboxing the bass drum I noticed the hoop on the batter side was cracked, I now am currently waiting for the second bass drum to arrive and now I am worried about the quality, because I still need a 14" floor tom but now I am reluctant to spend more money on this kind of product, definetely NOT worth the money. Also the tension rods come loose within minutes of playing.
            To me it´s like every possible thing that could go wrong with this kit has gone wrong already.
            Last edited by Drogas; 01-20-2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Looks like these issues were a few years back now. I've been looking at CB kits, would love one mostly for the visual impact at gigs. Has Pearl made any upgrades to this line in the last couple of years to help minimise these problems, or are they still a common(ish) issue?

Comment

Working...
              X