Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenDrummer
    replied
    Echoing this post. Have had mine for a year and after 10 minutes lugs redo lugs are falling on the floor and batter lugs are finger lose. It is very frustrating. Love the sound and want to record with them. I am open to suggestions as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sethiroth
    replied
    Originally posted by Raymond Massey View Post
    Hi Raider09

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble . We haven't had this to be an issue although sometimes with non-machined rods there can be some variance with the plating factor. Check your inbox for PM
    Thank you for playing Pearl!

Never got that PM.

Leave a comment:

• scooterdavis
    replied
    Messed with one at a shop for a few minutes; struck me as cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Skiddz
    replied
    I had the same problem with my CBs. Wouldn't stay in tune for even a whole song. Sold them a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• Gravengaard
    replied
    I, unfortunately, have the same problem :-(

Leave a comment:

• Stuffed Chimp
    replied
    Originally posted by StickS707 View Post
    I'm starting to think that the problem lies with the actual swivel nuts rather than the tension rods
    Do tell - what makes you think that? I'm still getting to the bottom of the same issue on my MMP.

Leave a comment:

• StickS707
    replied
    I'm starting to think that the problem lies with the actual swivel nuts rather than the tension rods

Leave a comment:

• ThugsRook
    replied
    sounds like the drums were made slightly undersized, and the heads hang over the edge a bit.

Leave a comment:

• StickS707
    replied
    Also...does anyone have the specs on the tension rods? for the 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, and kick. The snare seems to be okay-ish.

Leave a comment:

• StickS707
    replied
    Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Get luglocks or tight rods
    I get it, however, when you pay for a new kit, you should not have to buy extra stuff to make it do what it is supposed to do. If it was used or old, or the tension rods got loose over time (a week...but even that is too much), then yea. But when the tension rods are coming loose completely during a 1 hour set, then there is an issue. Even my '96 Export Select holds it's tuning for over a week (longer, actually).
    I'm a Pearl guy...I still own the kits and snares in my sig...and use them...so I know Pearl makes good stuff. I'm just a tad disappointed with the CRB...I thought it was just my kit, but now I know that there is definitely something going on.

Leave a comment:

• MitchLyons
    replied
    Originally posted by StickS707 View Post
    I've got the same issue...I thought it might be a combination of low tuning and the DrumLites, but I don't have the issue with my other Pearl kits. I've tried tuning higher, but have the same issue. Floor Toms are the worse offenders, in my case. I was contemplating ordering new lugs and tension rods, but it's a 7 pc kit...that's a lot of lugs and tension rods.
    Get luglocks or tight rods

Leave a comment:

• StickS707
    replied
    I've got the same issue...I thought it might be a combination of low tuning and the DrumLites, but I don't have the issue with my other Pearl kits. I've tried tuning higher, but have the same issue. Floor Toms are the worse offenders, in my case. I was contemplating ordering new lugs and tension rods, but it's a 7 pc kit...that's a lot of lugs and tension rods.

Leave a comment:

• Stuffed Chimp
    replied
    Originally posted by Raider09 View Post
    After 6 months of playing my CRB kit, this would be my only complaint. (The drums look and sound fantastic...especially with the Drumlite LED's.) Recently, I noticed my bass drum batter head was slowly turning while we jammed. During a break, I looked down and noticed two of the claws had actually fallen on the floor as they had come so loose. I tightened everything back up, and be the end of jamming they were very loose again....ready to fall off again. I have all stock heads except for the batter head, so this puzzles me. The toms/snare are not nearly as bad as the bass drum (in terms of tension issues,) but I find this very strange.
    I've got the exact same problem with my mmp. My dealer is sending me new tension rods to see how they help so I'm hopeful this will be solved. It's a BEAUTIFUL kit when tuned up but sometimes as little as 15 minutes of playing gets it out again. I've also had the tension rods fall out on the reso side - it's beyond aggravating but the whole thing sounds so good when it's back in tune that I can't be angry for too long.

On the plus side my tuning speed is going through the roof with the sheer amount of times I have to retune!

Leave a comment:

• Raymond Massey
    replied
    Hi Raider09

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble . We haven't had this to be an issue although sometimes with non-machined rods there can be some variance with the plating factor. Check your inbox for PM
    Thank you for playing Pearl!

Leave a comment:

• Raider09
    replied
    After 6 months of playing my CRB kit, this would be my only complaint. (The drums look and sound fantastic...especially with the Drumlite LED's.) Recently, I noticed my bass drum batter head was slowly turning while we jammed. During a break, I looked down and noticed two of the claws had actually fallen on the floor as they had come so loose. I tightened everything back up, and be the end of jamming they were very loose again....ready to fall off again. I have all stock heads except for the batter head, so this puzzles me. The toms/snare are not nearly as bad as the bass drum (in terms of tension issues,) but I find this very strange.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X