fitness/weightlifter's thread :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitness/weightlifter's thread :)

hey this is THE weightlifting and fitness thread, come here to discuss your favorite equipment, supplements, schedules et cetera.. ill start off by posting some pics in amin. but i have to resize first.. brb
    clicky

It all started with a badly timed bald joke.
    - Colin Mochrie

good idea. Well, i started lifting a year ago this august, and im really enjoying it. I go to Bev Francis' golds gym in syosset between 5 and seven days.
    A fer months ago i began taking lifting, and dieting seriously, and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Mike
      good idea. Well, i started lifting a year ago this august, and im really enjoying it. I go to Bev Francis' golds gym in syosset between 5 and seven days.
      A fer months ago i began taking lifting, and dieting seriously, and loving it.
      That must be a great gym to train in. I used to train seriously when Bev was competing many years ago (and acting in movies about training). I stopped about 7 years ago and turned into a typical middle-aged 'blob' - not a good idea!

Comment

Um, I do 1 squat out of bed each morning while lifting my head up. Other than that I don't lift. But I wish I did, because I'm a skinny guy .
        XXX Hulk Bubba-Boy Bling-C Angryslam Moonshinefarmer

I have a very expensive pen..

Comment

please no flaming cause im just 13 but sorry, i had to censor my face cause

a)its hideous
          b) there are some perverted people out there...

anyway, these are my most recent shots.. i think im doing fairly well compared to all the other 13 years olds i know, im five foot ten and weigh about 152..

::edit:: noticed a problem with my editing to the pics.. brb with them
          Last edited by HailTheGummiBear; 06-13-2005, 05:05 PM. Reason: better pic editing
          clicky

- Colin Mochrie

Comment

I own a Body Solid home gym. It's pretty nice.

You're pretty built for a 13-year old. Nice.
            I taught Tiger everything he knows...except for golf.

xbox live gamertag: darqwing duq
            ADD ME :D

Comment

sorry for that last pic, teh left side was obviously unflexed.. heres a more even one though
              clicky

- Colin Mochrie

Comment

Originally posted by Hongkong
                That must be a great gym to train in. I used to train seriously when Bev was competing many years ago (and acting in movies about training). I stopped about 7 years ago and turned into a typical middle-aged 'blob' - not a good idea!

yeah its an amazing gym now. Its not a "middle aged "blob"" at all anymore... it is very common to see professional body builders both male and female, and professional atheles in there at any given day of the week. Its all about knowing what time to go, Otherwise, you could be in a gym, way overcrowded with jappy girls, and people who dont know how to do anything.

Comment

For cardio, I jog, swim, and kickboxing the 'ol bag.

I've always wanted to live next to a hiking-trail and take a nice jog up and down the mountain in the morning.
                  I taught Tiger everything he knows...except for golf.

xbox live gamertag: darqwing duq
                  ADD ME :D

Comment

im trying to work up enough money from neighbors (etc) to get a nice elliptical, but since it isnt jsut for me, my parents are paying a share too, so its not all bad...

anyone ever seen a jungle gym at a normal civillians home and not at a mega huge guym or center? i saw a website trying to sell one.. almost 2 tons worth of steel and weights... imagine the freight expenses

anyway, this is easier than talking on the bodybuilding.com forum because i tried talking to them but more than half of them are steroid-hardened *******s
                    clicky

- Colin Mochrie

Comment

You shouldn't "weight lift" till you're like 20 or something. Almost everyone I know of who started at 15 and under have ****ed themselves. They play rugby, they all have ****ed knees, joints... chronic injuries, and everyone who didn't "weight lift" are fine. Go figure. I guess I'm saying, don't get carried away if you're still growing (teenager), best not to force some things.

Comment

thatss the thing, I MYSELF dont lift weights anymore, i stopped a few months ago, and only do it to stretch out after a loooong track session or something. but loads of football workouts (even though im not in football) help build up. monster walks, zoos, tank treads, black halos all that stuff helps me build.. its a fun way to stay healthy! doctors just warn me to not try to get serious gians till im at least 16... so i just try to stay cut.....
                        clicky

- Colin Mochrie

Comment

I like the Atlas hex-dumbell and the Everlast 80lb bag. Mostly use the bells for shadow boxing as appose to actual lifting...lifting is kinda tedious and neglects some fundemental motor skills i dont want to neglect.
                          What did MK-ULTRA do to me?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

Comment

I used to work out when I was living with my grandfather. He had a home gym with various machines. I haven't done much working out since then, but we're getting a home gym here at my new house.

I'm 13 as well...

I'll post some pics of our new machines when the time comes.
                            mike

Yeah, kinda like trying to bring Africa into the 21st century. Its never gonna happen

-manifest drumz- :D

Comment

sweet keep it up guys!
                              clicky

- Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                              X