Cat+drumset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat+drumset

My drums were in my friends garage and the door was cracked open I guess. I picked my drums up to take them to the studio and I thought they smelled a bit funny.
    Then im setting them up and see cat piss on the outside of the bass reso head and on the inside of the batter head!! Little b*****d crawled through the hole.

So now my drums reek of cat piss

Any similar stories? tips on how to make them not smell anymore?
    Pictures of my custom Keller Maple Satin black drums!

MuhSpace

Play him off, keyboard cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EOY6F1cxc

Comment

^^lol
      We hold our rebel banners up with pride. The colour's Crimson and the Hammer is the sign!

Comment

Shamwow! will soak that cat piss right up

Comment

I have heard of this happening...a lot. I haven't heard of many remedies that help, usually once its in the wood, its stuck there. You could try a bleach solution, dampening the wood but not flooding it.
          Headhunters Sticks and Creations Artist

Comment

When I used to have ported bass drum resonants, my cat would like to sleep in there. Luckly, she never pissed where she slept.

Last edited by bretkill; 05-10-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bretkill
              she never pissed where she slept.
              in that case she has more control then me.
              vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
              latest pics: p9
              white marine pearl
              20x18
              14x14
              12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

Comment

How cute.

I CAN HAZ BASE DRUM?!
                "Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list."

Comment

Originally posted by sparkie
                  in that case she has more control then me.
                  Lulz
                  22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Originally posted by Maark
                  What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
                  Originally posted by space jeff
                  yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

Comment

wow that really sucks man.... cats love their little spaces hahah... I guess just clean it up, febreeze it and just try and forget about it
                    My drum videos
                    Luke Zwelsky Group
                    Kelevra

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSeth
                      So now my drums reek of cat piss

Any similar stories? tips on how to make them not smell anymore?
                      My cat threw up a wicked hairball in my kick once...

I think it might have been shortly after she fell asleep in there and I didn't see her before I slammed down a phat beat...

Lil' *****

Comment

That cat piano video is the best video I have ever seen for some reason.

My pearl/tama kit

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Comment

Originally posted by Spügg
                          wow that really sucks man.... cats love their little spaces hahah... I guess just clean it up, febreeze it and just try and forget about it
                          did that about 4 times now...doesn't help one bit. cat piss is something of its own kind
                          didn't you have a kid in school that always smelled like cat piss. you can smell him coming from down the hall

my professor suggested baking soda mixed with a little water so maybe i will try that
                          Pictures of my custom Keller Maple Satin black drums!

MuhSpace

Comment

First thing I would do...is teach that furry bastard a lesson. Place the feline inside the bass drum...but before you do...lay and nice warm dry bath towel inside it...you just pulled from the dryer. Get em in there...and pet em...play real nice nice.

Then cover the bass reso with something to hold that cat inside. Don't worry...there is a vent hole so the cat won't sufficate.

Wait about 10 minutes...just long enough for fee fee to fall asleep.

Then hit some double bass beat blasts...with plastic or wooden mallets...that should make any cat respect the drums. It should never go near them again.

About the odor of cat pee....I know vinegar is one of the best order removing and cleaning liquids on the planet. Plain old white vinegar. I'd remove the heads...and spray the vinegar straight right on the effected area and wait about 1 minute...letting the vinegar saturate the area. Then wipe it up...wait 5 minutes and repeat it.

Then dry your shell...and reassemble the drum.

On the heads if nessessary just use a vinegar moistened cloth...then use glass cleaner...make sure your glass cleaner does not have AMNONIA in it. Glass Plus...has never failed to work great for me.

Good Luck...

AXEMAN
                            "If You Don't Rock, YOU SUCK!"

Comment

There's stuff called Natures Miracle that's designed to clean urine. I know it works well on concrete floors.
                              Originally posted by MortalDrumbat
                              im a philosphical genius
                              FS: 16" Sabian Metal X crash raw bell original owner PM me
                              My Kit:D

I sell T-shirts! deaf_white_kitty on the bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X