Finding My Birth Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding My Birth Mother

I don't normally make too many threads but this will be an exception. I'm 42 y/o and paying $800 to find my birth mother and any siblings that I might have. I'm excited and nervous. Anybody do this? How did it work out?

I'll update as I get info.

Good luck man! I hope you find your family.
    Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies
    Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain
    For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston
    And so never more shall we see you again

Comment

Why are you curious who your birth mother is? Judging by the fact that you don't know her, I'm guessing she was never a big part of your life. Sorry, but if it was me I wouldn't give a ****.

Nonethless, it sounds like you want to find her, so good luck.
      I'm like Che Guevara with bling on; I'm complex

Comment

inb4darthvader
        Beating 'em, and beating 'em up!

Comment

Wow, best of luck man. Hope it all works out for you.

Comment

I would love to know my father... but I don't give. One day I will.
            Gamertag:STA JonyBoy
            Originally posted by cezegg
            yup, it snows once you hit the border, and we pay for things in pancakes, ride polar bears, and we're all lumberjacks and we're okay, sleep all night, work all day.

Comment

Good luck.

My ex-girlfriend found her dad when she was in high school. It was a bad experience for her, but that's just one case. I hope your experience is all you hope it is. Good luck to you, brother.
              o.O

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joey_jordison1
                Why are you curious who your birth mother is? Judging by the fact that you don't know her, I'm guessing she was never a big part of your life. Sorry, but if it was me I wouldn't give a ****.

Nonethless, it sounds like you want to find her, so good luck.
                My wife asked me the same thing. I might be wrong but I'll assume your birth parents are the same that raised you or you at least know them. So it might be difficult for you to understand. You can easily equate this to man trying to discover the mysteries of the universe. The question is "Where did I come from?" and it feels pretty much the same if you ask about birth parents or ask it about the universe.

But I didn't always feel like this. I went through years of being PO'ed cause I thought of it as being abandoned. Years of not giving a sh**. But for the last 5+ years I've really wanted to know. I've started and changed my mind several times.

I was raised by great parents and have my own family now. I don't want anything from her. I just want to know who she is. I'm not terrible concerned why she put me up for adoption.

Comment

Will $800 really get the job done?

Comment

When my mom was 26 (my current age) she was in nursing school and got a rude awakening when she was studying how parents with such and such blood type will only produce children with such and such blood types and she verbally disagreed with her professor, quickly realizing the professor was correct and everything she thought she knew about her childhood/family was incorrect. She eventually confronted her mother about it and found out the name and location of her birth father. She hasn't attempted to contact him, though. The man that raised her died not to long ago thinking he was the biological father of my mom. She didn't tell me or my brothers until not that long ago at all. In fact, I kinda put it together myself and was talking to my father about it and he spilled the beans. She was waaaay pissed off about it, but they're divorced and I explained that she had no right to be angry with my father for telling me the truth.
                    This family **** is complicated!

Comment

^^^ sounds like a House episode.

The $800 will get my birth mother's current info to be able to contact her. Also sibling info if any. No birth father info is included excepted back ground info from 1967. If my birth mother is dead then the next closed relative.

Comment

BTW, I'd do it just out of curiosity.
                        A few months ago my dad was really upset and sat me down for a talk.
                        Turns out a very long elapsed ex-gf had contacted him and wanted him to submit a DNA test to determine the paternity of her 30 something son.
                        Turns out he had already found out that he wasn't, but he was still upset because he thought I would hate him for potentially not being his eldest son.
                        I told him it was a non-issue and that I was proud that he had willingly taken the steps to try and make someone else's life more whole. He even went to a reunion with the ex-gf and her son to see them and give his support.

Comment

Good luck with this, man.
                          The man called Shaggy.

Comment

good luck dude.
                            DON'T TASE ME, BRO!!! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Comment

Good luck finding your family!
                              Originally posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love
                              did you notice that he only really picks fights every 3/4 weeks though? hallmarks of pre-menstrual tension.....

Comment

Working...
                              X