PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it to buy a high hat stand?

HSEdrumz05
02-23-2003, 05:33 PM
i have the high hat stand that came with my export. i really want a double pedal and am considering buying the combo pack with the eliminator high hat stand included. my question is, would i notice much of a difference??? is it worth the money for a new hh stand??

thanks for the input.

snizare
02-23-2003, 06:43 PM
let me tell you whats up with my hat stand.

i got my drums in 1997 - pearl exports. i still use my stock hat stand. here are the problems i have had:
- the clutch slips - A LOT
- the action has gotten very slow, meaning i cant do most of my hat work.

i am personally getting a DW hat stand since i got the DW pedal and have been happy with their hardware . if you feel it is more practical to get the pack, then i say go for it - elims are awesome. they have a VERY fast action - you will probably notice that. otherwise - you pedal will just feel better for a lot longer.

SLIPKNOT1
02-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Good hardware will only help you in the long run. There really is no such thing as having hardware that is too good. I find higher end Hi-Hats are more durable and will therfore pay for themselves and also, much more smoother operating.

fred
02-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by snizare
let me tell you whats up with my hat stand.

i got my drums in 1997 - pearl exports. i still use my stock hat stand. here are the problems i have had:
- the clutch slips - A LOT
- the action has gotten very slow, meaning i cant do most of my hat work.

i am personally getting a DW hat stand since i got the DW pedal and have been happy with their hardware . if you feel it is more practical to get the pack, then i say go for it - elims are awesome. they have a VERY fast action - you will probably notice that. otherwise - you pedal will just feel better for a lot longer.

I also had probelms with my hi-hat stand with my srx..I think it was a poorly designed clutch? But I dumped it for a DW stand too..never had any major problems yet..Seems you always get what you pay for. As for getting the combo? How are your pedals now? Sounds like you need the hi-hat stand before the pedals and ther's really no price break on the combo package so I would get the hi-hat stand first..Just my opinion:)

HSEdrumz05
02-23-2003, 08:25 PM
actually i want the double bass pedal more, but i just thought it might be more cost effective in the long run to go ahead and pay for a better HH stand with the pedal. Right now my stand is fine, but maybe thats because im used to the way it is and dont know what the GOOD ones are like. who knows

thanks

craig
02-25-2003, 06:34 PM
I originally had a crap pedal with a pearl 800 hihat....then I got an eliminator double with the 800 stand, it worked but I didnt use the pedal....it just didnt feel smooth...but then Igot the eliminator hihat stand for christmas and Ihave never felt anything sooo smooth....I use my hihat pedal all the time now...

-Craig

fred
02-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by HSEdrumz05
actually i want the double bass pedal more, but i just thought it might be more cost effective in the long run to go ahead and pay for a better HH stand with the pedal. Right now my stand is fine, but maybe thats because im used to the way it is and dont know what the GOOD ones are like. who knows

thanks
Just have to get to your local music shop and try 'em out? That's the only way to find out

phily05
02-28-2003, 08:27 PM
I had problems with my stock hat stand. I went out and bought the Pearl SGC-200P "Super Grip Clutch". It is great. Hasn't slipped yet. Uses minimal(sp?) contact rubber pads. I guess thats what you call them. I'm used to calling the felt pads, but they are rubber. LOL

PhilB1029
03-01-2003, 07:16 AM
I have the H-800W that came with my export and i like it alot no problems so far but i still would like to get an H-2000 Eliminator i think in the long run it will be worth it.