PDA

View Full Version : Roc N Soc or Gibralter?

fred
02-23-2003, 10:54 AM
I was checking out some new thrones and was wondering what you guys thought of these 2 brands? Both have the backrest on them. Some feedback(positive or negitive) would be helpful:) Thanks

SLIPKNOT1
02-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Quality wise, they are both great, comfort wise, get the Roc-N-Soc. My next throne will be a Roc-N-Soc.

fred
02-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Thats what I was leaning towards..Thanks for your input Slipknot

SLIPKNOT1
02-23-2003, 12:20 PM
If your looking for a round style throne, check out the Pork Pie thrones, they use a ton of padding in them. I just prefer the motorcycle style seats.

rockdrummer00
02-23-2003, 12:40 PM
yes,the roc n socs are awesome!but if you prefer round thrones then like slip said,get a porkpie...

fred
02-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1
If your looking for a round style throne, check out the Pork Pie thrones, they use a ton of padding in them. I just prefer the motorcycle style seats.

I tried a Pork Pie already and yes there very comfortable but I liked the way the Roc n Soc fit w/o cutting off circulation to my legs. The round style was good for that. After riding Harley's for so many years, you kinda get used to that fit

Jonathan_M
02-24-2003, 04:35 PM
I've got the Roc N Sok Nitro throne with the backrest. I'd give it a 2 cheeks up rating!!!

Seriously, its very comfortable. You can add the backrest later which is what I did. The pilot holes are already in place. I thought the throne was super even before I got the backrest. Now that I have the backrest too, it's unbelievable. Very, very nice.

SLIPKNOT1
02-24-2003, 04:55 PM
I was looking at teh new "Motion Throne" It looks cool, but i want to try one first.

rockdrummer00
02-24-2003, 05:01 PM
I was looking at teh new "Motion Throne" It looks cool, but i want to try one first. yeah,I want to try one too,it looks very interesting,but it looks like it would wobble to much,unless if it had to have alittle little more pressure to get it to move...

'Stumpy' Pepys
02-24-2003, 05:03 PM
I've got the Gibraltar 'motorcycle' throne as it was the most comfortable throne in the store and I find it has a real neutral balance. I've looked at the Roc n' Soc thrones online and with the exception of the wobbly seat I can't see any difference between the two brands.

Can someone enlighten me? You can see my throne at http://66.40.220.17/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7381.

StixNSkins
02-24-2003, 09:39 PM
I've got the Gibraltar 'motorcycle' throne as it was the most comfortable throne in the store and I find it has a real neutral balance. I've looked at the Roc n' Soc thrones online and with the exception of the wobbly seat I can't see any difference between the two brands.

Wow - just goes to show you how everyone's experience varies a bit...

I own one of each. I bought the Gibralter cycle seat with the backrest, but I just couldn't find the balance point on it. I found it to be comfortable until I had to play heels up for any reason. Then, I always felt unbalanced & like I was going to fall off. So, I ended up buying a Roc N Soc Mac Saddle Nitro w/backrest & don't have that trouble with it. It is the mose comfortable, balanced throne I've ever used. As far as the motion thrones go, I haven't tried them. I still have the Gibraltar, but am thinking of getting rid of it. I use it from time to time as a backup and for my little practice pad kit, but for my money, give me the Roc N Soc any day.

fred
02-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the input guys..I really like the Roc n Soc also(not downgrading Gibraltar or anything) But now it looks like I'm going to have to wait:( Just bought a new double kick pedal:)

dlt123
02-25-2003, 02:03 AM
I was looking at teh new "Motion Throne" It looks cool, but i want to try one first.

I got the Roc-N-Soc Motion throne and love it. Before I bought I wondered if I would enjoy the motion, but after having it, it's feels so natural. Although, I wish I had gotten the Nitro gas shock absorber, since it makes it easier to change the height of the throne. There are times when you might want to quickly change the height and with the knob type, it can be a hassle.

My 2 cents.
DennisT

Rich
02-25-2003, 10:47 AM
I use the GIBRALTER Motorcycle style throne but it is NOT oversized. It also has the backrest which can be removed if you don't like using one. I have found it to be very comfortable and the quality is top of the line. I have never seen the Rock-N-Sock. Can you post a picture? Thanks, Rich.

3leggedman
02-25-2003, 10:57 AM
My self i own a gibraltar and a pork pie. I find both seats very comfortable . If you are a larger drummer the pork pie is the way to go , but i found out using my computer chair with a high back rest to be more comfortable than my 2 thrones.

Rich
02-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Now that is FUNNY! Congradulations on being inovative! Maybe theres a way of putting the computer over the bass drum mounted on a rack or stand. Then you would have the best of both worlds. Rich.:D

DrumYoda
02-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 'Stumpy' Pepys
[B]I've got the Gibraltar 'motorcycle' throne as it was the most comfortable throne in the store and I find it has a real neutral balance. I've looked at the Roc n' Soc thrones online and with the exception of the wobbly seat I can't see any difference between the two brands.

Can someone enlighten me?
I have a Roc n' Soc and if you look at the base, lo and behold, it's made by Gibraltar!

gabfilm
03-13-2003, 12:06 PM
I've had a Roc-N-Soc Lunar Series gas lift bicycle seat style throne for years and I love it. I highly recommend Roc-N-Soc. Total comfort.

fatboy46
03-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Roc'n'Soc nitro.. hands down ok.. 'buns' down.. if you dont like the seat.. get one you like but use the 'nitro' base.. AND use a back rest!!

ID
03-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Have Gibraltar, will be ordering Roc-n-Soc very soon.

DrumYoda
03-14-2003, 12:53 AM
I have found the seat that I will own next as a replacement for my Roc 'n Soc. It is a SoundSeat. Check out their products here (http://www.soundseat.com).

JoeDrumer
03-15-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey, I just want to let you know that Roc N' Soc made a throne for Gibraltar, and Gibraltar just slaped thier name on it. But anyway their both good thrones, but if your experianced i would go with Roc N' Soc.
-Joey