PDA

View Full Version : pearl cymbal stand bases

zilflight
02-20-2003, 07:13 PM
I am curious as to whether the bases that come with pearl cymbal stands are the same for each series stand, or if a more expensive stand has a better base. know that more expensive ones have better upper parts to them (such as a better boom, or more adjustableness), but are the bases sturdier? I am woundering because once I get more cymbals, I plan on mounting 2 drums and 4 cymbals off of a BC-800W stand. I was just woundering if the stand I have right now could take all of that weight.

craig
02-20-2003, 07:25 PM
I am pretty sure the bases go up in quality as do the actual cymbal holder of the stand...

-Craig

mati32
02-21-2003, 04:01 AM
I doubt it.

Top of the line stand bases are a bit taller though. But that's about it. They look the same, works the same way, and felt the same to my hands when I was carrying them.

(had two B800s and a top line boom stand back at the days)

but of course, I am not 100% certain.

Dman
02-21-2003, 05:52 AM
zilflight, with the exception of going from single braced to double braced legs, there doesn't seem to be any difference. The upper tube collars and locks are much better/stronger on the mid/upper stands.
Dman
:cool:

zilflight
02-21-2003, 06:03 AM
thank you for your replies, thats kind of what I was expecting to hear. does anyone have a good idea as to whether the stand will hold everything I need it to hold?