PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Eliminator double?

MatthewWD
02-19-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm upgrading some stuff and I'm totally gay for Pearl. I've enjoyed using the power shifter double chain double, but i need to move to something a little less heavy and better on the left foot (though my speed hasn't been compromised). I played the Eliminator once, Tama Iron Cobra a few times, and DW a few times. I'm looking for someone who's really given the Eliminator a fair trial to give me some advice on which one he/she prefers. Thanks!!!

AndyG
02-19-2003, 01:30 PM
i was wondering the same thing

i'm currently using iron cobra, but i can't seem to get the speed i used to have on my double kick. i know no double pedal is as good as double kick, but i'm thinking of trying out eliminator and one of DW's line of double pedals

any advice would be appreciated....

Bojan
02-19-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm use now a eliminator p2002cl and let me tell you ......it's great, you have a lot of cobinations in your search for the beast placement for your foot.... ok take maybe a couples of day to find one, but...... when you find one it's a dream.

luvmydrumz
02-19-2003, 03:31 PM
I have the DW 5000 and a Eliminator. Both are great pedals. I can actually play a little faster with the Eliminator. I use my Dw as a backup, where it was my main pedal for about 5 years.

Wickerman
02-19-2003, 03:50 PM
I had DW double, it was ok but got noisy quickly because they use an actual sprocket and the chain gets noisy on it...a friggin nightmare in the studio. AnywayI bought elim. chain drive, and also bought a couple belts, put the belts on it and man what a difference with the belts!! no lag at all. excellent.. been using elim. for almost two years now, and very versatile too

luvmydrumz
02-19-2003, 04:08 PM
You've got me thinking about trying the belts out. Are they super durable?

drummer4JC
02-19-2003, 06:59 PM
eliminators are the way to go. four pedals in one basically. but the dw 5002s are smooth and very fast too. i got the pearls becuz i got a good deal on em. but wouldnt hesitate to use dws if i had to.

MatthewWD
02-20-2003, 06:59 AM
I haven't tried the Eliminators with belts, but I've been thinking about it a lot. If they're durable, I'm sold.

Wickerman
02-20-2003, 08:18 AM
I 've been using belts since September and i play at least three nights a week, and im not a small guy...im 6 foot 4 250 pounds and i pound my kit... never had a problem with a belt yet.
And they are cheap too..15 bucks each.. chains are 30 something each... so if you buy eliminators, get the chain model then buy the belt...cheaper that way, and you have the best of both worlds.
I always keep a screwdriver and my chains in my pedal bag in case a belt breaks then I can just swap the belts for chains until i replace the belt... but never had to do it yet lol.

MatthewWD
02-20-2003, 08:26 AM
that's good information. i'm sold. of course, my broke *** needs to get my eliminator HH off layaway, first!

Wickerman
02-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Anything for fellow drummers