PDA

View Full Version : RoadPro anyone?

SatNav37
02-19-2003, 09:26 AM
Anyone have opinion on Tama's new RoadPro series of hardware? I got Hat Stand, Boom and Straight stand with my RockStar Custom and i like! Cheers ppl!

xxxDISENGAGExxx
02-19-2003, 09:31 AM
I haven't used it personally but Modern Drummer reviewed it 3 or 4 months ago and loved it.

Bostic
02-19-2003, 10:07 AM
I like how the ratchet at the cymbal tilter has a lot more teeth for finer adjustments as compared to the Tama Titan tilters. It's about as close as you can get to the Pearl design that doesn't have any teeth. I can't say I'm thrilled over the new cymbal mate design. The bottom part of the cymbal mate, which is reversable is a good idea, bad design. Once you wear out one side, you are supposed to flip it over so you have a second side, but the worn part will now be on the bottom so it's not very stable on the tilter. Looking at the hi-hat it seems about the same as my stagemaster in design, except they replaced the one wide chain connecting the footboard with two narrow ones.

SLIPKNOT1
02-19-2003, 10:14 AM
For the money, its great hardware. I have used Tama hardware for years and have never had any problems with it.

brandrum
02-19-2003, 10:24 AM
i like it its great dont get me wrong, its the hardware i use, but my only complaint is that you have to use two wing nuts to adjust the tilter, kinda overkill and a pain in the butt to adjust from behind the kit , no big deal just kind of annoying,

SLIPKNOT1
02-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by brandrum
my only complaint is that you have to use two wing nuts to adjust the tilter, kinda overkill and a pain in the butt to adjust from behind the kit , no big deal just kind of annoying,

You only have to loosen one wing nut to adjust the up-down angle, not both. The second wing nut adjusts the arm distance and left-right angle. And you only have to loosen one to do that also.

brandrum
02-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1

You only have to loosen one wing nut to adjust the up-down angle, not both. The second wing nut adjusts the arm distance and left-right angle. And you only have to loosen one to do that also. slip no offense your not dealing with a ten year old im aware of what the second wing nut does i just find that i have to loosen both to get it exactley where i want it.;)

SLIPKNOT1
02-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Brandrum, I was'nt trying to explain to YOU what the second wing nut does, i was trying to clarify to anyone who does'nt have a Road Pro stand that there are two wing nuts and what each one does. You statement: "you have to use two wing nuts to adjust the tilter" Is incorrect. You can adjust the angle on there cymbal booms by only loosening only ONE wingnut.

You later clarifed that for your tastes: "i just find that i have to loosen both to get it exactley where i want it."

Having to loosen both wingnuts to get the perfect adjustment is a prefference, NOT a nessecity.

Just clearing that up.

P.S. That Avatar of Beetlejuice gives me the creeps! :D

brandrum
02-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1

Having to loosen both wingnuts to get the perfect adjustment is a prefference, NOT a nessecity. but usualy for me it is :D

Just clearing that up.

P.S. That Avatar of Beetlejuice gives me the creeps! :D :D thanks yours is pretty creepy too big guy;)

boose44
02-20-2003, 04:48 AM
I like the new RoadPro stuff, and choose it over Pearl's simillarly priced gear.

The dual adjustments took a bit of getting used to for me also. I was used to the Pearl stands, where one wing nut adjusts both the boom length and angle. Though maybe having two nuts is better than one. :)

I esp. like the way the boom fits into the stand for carrying. On one a RoadPro boom I have a 15x14 Tom mounted on it, as well as a 22" Zild. A Ping ride. It's solid as a rock and I have no fears of tipping.

-bruce

iae1234567
02-20-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm slowly replacing all of my old TAMA stands with RoadPros... I can't get enough of them. One of them is holding a 19 inch crash, a 10 inch splash, a cymbal stack, an LP ice bell, a 10 inch tom, and a 12 inch tom! Good stuff... another one is holding another 12 inch tom and a 22 inch Sabian AAX metal ride, and its just.. great, heh. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

drummerboy223
02-20-2003, 05:43 PM
yea md gave them a good review and they looked pretty good and i tried one in a drumshop and they were sturdy and did the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phily05
02-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Great stands. The salesperson where I got my HC74BW stand put the heaviest ride cymbal he could find, and extended it to the cieling. It was still really solid. I use them.

Pyrotechnic
02-28-2003, 10:22 PM
I use it, very sturdy, best hardware for the money.

phily05
03-02-2003, 10:54 AM
I actually preffer having the two wingnuts. If I want to ajust the height of the cymbal, but not the angle, it would be hard for me with one wingnut, because I would have to hold the angle in place, while I adjust the height. I am a small kid, and having a heavy ride cymbal on the stand while I try to do that isn't easy. I'm too lasy to take the cymbal off before adjusting the height. I like the RoadPro because I can change one at a time.

gabfilm
03-13-2003, 10:48 AM
The Road Pro hardware came with my new Starclassic Performers and it is the best hardware I've ever used. Really solid!!

rsdrumz
03-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I love my Road Pro hardware- and I also really prefer having the two wing nuts. That way, I can change one thing without everthing else getting messed up. Its good stuff.