PDA

View Full Version : stick holders

switchstance
02-16-2003, 06:05 PM
where can i find a stick holder? it can clamp on to your hi-hat stand and its just a hard case tube and you put in your sticks in

jonnyfun
02-16-2003, 06:09 PM
In a drumstore......

Sorry I coudln't be more helpfull but really, I speak the truth!

:)

Jon

switchstance
02-16-2003, 06:15 PM
yea well i checked everywhere and the only ones they have are those soft cases where you just attach it to your tom.

DeepThought
02-16-2003, 07:34 PM
HEre you go, one up from the bottom.

http://www.midwestpercussion.com/sticks/pm.html

I have the SD-800 and it works swell.

SLIPKNOT1
02-16-2003, 07:51 PM
The nicest ones i have found and have are from www.qwikstix.com Really well made and unlike a container that holds a whole bunch of sticks together where you cant easily grab just one, these spread them out so they are easy to grab.

drumwerker
02-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1
The nicest ones i have found and have are from www.qwikstix.com Really well made and unlike a container that holds a whole bunch of sticks together where you cant easily grab just one, these spread them out so they are easy to grab.

I like the beverage holder they've got too - is that the Keith Moon Signature Series Beer can holder???

DeepThought
02-16-2003, 08:03 PM
That thing looks great!

weps
02-17-2003, 08:21 AM
I like the promark stick depot. They have a couple versions but all are based around a plastic butterfly clip. I got the one with 2 oval tubes, one on each side large enough for 2 sticks per side. Then I only use one stick per side and it's easier to draw them out. I also made a simple quiver out of thick nylon material with a loop added and a small bent S hook for the tension rod on the floor tom side. Far easier to position for a quick draw than hooking a drumstick bag to the drum.

Boomer

Rafiki8821
02-17-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm too cheap to buy a stick holder. In the past I've used 3 different devices. I've used toilet paper rolls duct taped together, a plastic cup(one of those kiddy cups from a resturant), and my good old bass drum. I have those yamaha long lugs, so my sticks stay on my bass drum.

OUKIE
02-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I have those yamaha long lugs, so my sticks stay on my bass drum.

I used to do that when i had a wesbury set, but now i got a Pearl BLX Kit, It's still got the long lugs but the big bracket that hold the arms for the toms takes up all the space.:rolleyes: