PDA

View Full Version : expanding kit

drumgod86
02-14-2003, 01:57 PM
i want to expand my pearl forum 5 piece what is the best way to do that?

CaptainMexican
02-14-2003, 05:33 PM
if it were me i would simply wait to get an export. but if you truly wish to expand you could buy another set and combine the two. You'd have two different size bassdrums. that would make for some cool bass beats.

vanillaCOKE2k2
02-15-2003, 07:56 PM
U could also order toms and other drums you need. Why expand a forum I dont know. I would save up to get an export then expand on that.

DeadJotun
02-27-2003, 09:11 PM
dont get more toms, i would say get better cymbals than you got now, so then in the future when u upgrade ur drums, youll have great cymbals to go with a great drumset.

sk8drummer
02-27-2003, 09:57 PM
its dumb to switch from a forum to a export. theres barely a difference. if u want to take their advice save up for a session. or u could expand by buying better cymbals and more toms. its ok to expand a forum.

NewPearlMan1
02-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I guess you won't be able to expand a Forum now, unless you hurry and get some toms before the supplies run out.

The 8" and 10" tom expansion package is a pretty cool expansion for a five piece. That's what I did. But I think you can only do it with EX or ELX, I don't think you can get an expansion pack for a Forum.

SKiezws
02-28-2003, 04:35 PM
It depends what music you play. If you play stuff that has a lot of double bass, then get a double bass pedal or another bass drum. If the music has a lot of tom fills, get more toms. I say whatever you do first is get rid of the Pearl cymbals(if you have nt already) Get some nice Zildjian/Sabians. Good luck and keep up the drumming.

-SK

comebakzak
02-28-2003, 09:01 PM
i have a forum and what my plan is is to add cymbals (zlidjian), im adding a 2nd crash, maybe another splash a china. from there a double bass pedal and maybe sometime on the future ill get the toms off the bass drum and hang a heavy crash over the open half of the bass drum