PDA

View Full Version : not pearl, but my freind need help with a iron cobra problem@

perin
02-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Hi, My friend broke the beater mount on his iron cobra double pedal(dont ask me how;) ), and we`re trying to put the replacement on. But we can`t figure out how to get the crossbar off to put the replacement beater holder on. Sorry if thats hard to understand but if anyone has experience with something that sounds like this, do give us a hand. Thanks alot.
Cheers

drewdrums
02-14-2003, 07:33 AM
I would either bring it to your local dealer and have them do it, or call Tama directly to see if they can give you a hand.:D

vanillaCOKE2k2
02-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Buy the new part and put it on with your drum key.

SLIPKNOT1
02-16-2003, 01:06 PM
On the left side of the main shaft bearing is a nut. Take that nut off and the main shaft will slide out the right side. Then you can slide the new beater mount on. Its not hard to do.

perin
02-18-2003, 08:59 AM
yeah...okay, I forgot to mention that its a double kick pedal. The store said@that they use some sort of glueing/heating process--this is second hand info from my friend...but they suggested either taking a small hammer to the left side or sending it in to the real guys to fix.
Anyone done the hammer thing...dont want to ruin the darn thing but don`t wanna spend a bunch of money to pay a guy to do something we can do ourselves:D

Cheers

SLIPKNOT1
02-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Mine slide right off. Mayeb they are reffereing to threadlocker, but i have had no problem taking mine apart.