PDA

View Full Version : Q. for Pearl re. Burgundy mist

MikeH
02-13-2003, 07:55 PM
I see that burgundy mist is discontinued. Whats the chances of still being able to get ELX-6H and 1816F in the #270 colour?
p.s is there much difference between #170 and #270 ?

NewPearlMan1
02-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Oh man! What's up with that? My favorite export color, and my drum color. They also did away with ebony mist, my second favorite. Oh well. At least the Ruby fade looks nice.

What is color #170?

Gene Okamoto
02-14-2003, 12:40 PM
According to a communication from our headquarters, it is possible to get ELX add-on drums in #270 Burgundy Mist.

#170 Burgundy Mist and #270 Burgundy Mist are basically the same base color however in 2001, the exterior ply was changed to a lighter shade that changed the final color, hence, the color number was changed from #170 to #270.

MikeH
02-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Thx Gene.

Newpearlman1- i knew you'ld want to know also.
we hafta complete our sets before they run out.

NewPearlMan1
02-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

My kit is complete for now, and I don't plan on adding to it in the near future. But I'm guessing if I ever try to add on in the far future, it will be impossible to match since ELX is discontinued in that color? Is ELX burgundy mist only now available until the stock runs out, or can an add-ons be ordered in the future with the #170 or #270 finish - a custom order?

I guess with all the color and shell material changes from year to year, you better buy what your gonna buy right now and don't expect to be able to add on two years from now, or is there a way it can be done?

Remember I'm pretty new to this, not having a set of drums anymore that only matches after I'm done spray painting them.

KYBluesDrummer
02-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah,

I just bought my kit of "Pearl Export Select's" last year in September in the "Burgandy Mist" Color, and I love the color that's why I chose it. But, I've heard that Pearl can always bring back a color if they choose to. So, I guess if I ever want to add on, I have to either do it right now, or wait and they (Pearl) will hopefully bring back the color.

John Davis

Nez
02-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Gene - is that the same reason that the Cobalt mist seems to have changed between 99 and 2002? The new cobalt seems more purple than the old one....