PDA

View Full Version : drum rack

Fre
02-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Hello,

I have a question, I hope somebody can help me out. I'd like to buy a drum rack to get rid of all the cymbal stands. I'd like to buy a DR-80 but the only problem is that I play a Tama drum (and those racks are rather expensive). Are there clamps for the DR-80 that fit Tama hardware? I believe the PC-10 fits different diameters but I'm not sure and I don't know wether the PC-10 fits the DR-80.

Thx a lot.

Joe Kool
02-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Go to massmusic.com and look it up, you will also need clamps, and CH88's arms to hold your cymbals. One clamp for each tom (2)TH98, (1) TH 98S. You can go to Pearl's website look it up and massmusic is usually 50% less.

Had to make this post to get away from the unlucky 13

PearlMan
02-13-2003, 10:19 PM
You'll need new tom arms too. Pacific makes pretty good tom arms that should fit. They go for about $20 each at www.musiciansfriend.com

weps
02-15-2003, 11:14 AM
The Tama racks are just more expensive Gibraltars. Get a Gibraltar and don't worry about the clamps.

The DR80 clamps only handle 7/8" tubing.

So your choices are limited using the original Tama tom arms. Using the tom arms on an ICON is one possibilty, but you have to swap out the standard clamps the rack comes with. Some dealers will do this for free. But with Tama mounts you're better off with the Gibraltar type. Then you have a choice of using the original Tama tom holders, any of the ball socket tom holders with a 12.5mm L rod, OR a bare L rod in the rack's multiclamps since the multiclamp can rotate for positioning.

That's the cheaper method. IF you like ISS or Optimounts, you could shift to Pearl tom holders and go with the Icon or DR80 easily.

weps

MisterSeth
02-15-2003, 10:47 PM
i have a tama rack and it fell over once and my cymbal stand broke in half along with my paiste cymbal hitting the ground kinda hard......besides that i havent had problems with it.....but would love a gibraltar......think i might get one of those as my next rack

Fre
02-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the advice dudes. But I bought a DR-503 and had the PC-50 clamps replaced by PC-10, which have an adjustable diameter. This was the best solution.

Cheers.

drummerboy223
02-20-2003, 06:40 PM
dude if you dont feel comfortable buying a pewarl and dont have enough money fo a tama then buy a gibraltar their strong and not too expensive.

kimboy
02-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Fre
Hello,

I have a question, I hope somebody can help me out. I'd like to buy a drum rack to get rid of all the cymbal stands. I'd like to buy a DR-80 but the only problem is that I play a Tama drum (and those racks are rather expensive). Are there clamps for the DR-80 that fit Tama hardware? I believe the PC-10 fits different diameters but I'm not sure and I don't know wether the PC-10 fits the DR-80.

Thx a lot.

pc-10 fits 15.9 mm - 28.6 mm
pc-50 fits 22.2 mm

and yes pc-10 nor pc-50 will fit to dr-80 rack & pearl's icon rack,