PDA

View Full Version : what's up with head dampeners?

arush
02-08-2003, 03:54 PM
does anyone use those things u put on ur toms and snare to control the overtones? u know u can set the amount of miliseconds (like u can tell the difference) of overtone u want? i think dave weckle just came out with some signiture ones.

i was thinking, what is the point of those, when u can just use moongel or tape a piece of cloth to a head, does it really make the sound a lot better? cos my snare's giving me attitude, and i need to dampen it's ***** up.

the thing is i hit pretty damn hard and everytime i tighten up my snare (cos it gets loose) i get these NAAASTY overtones, and it sounds like i'm playing steel drums with a steel stick. maybe i suck at tuning, but are there others out there with the same problem? i use a pearl export snare

anyone?

dRuTcH
02-08-2003, 11:13 PM
They've been around for a while now, it's just simple putting something on the head that wont let it resonate as much.

Put your hand on the drum and play it........thats bassicly what the dampeners are.

PhilB1029
02-11-2003, 06:05 PM
I Find REMO Os to do the trick quite well with out constricting the head and are only like 5 bucks around here

arush
02-11-2003, 06:43 PM
MUDVAYNE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO SEE THEM ON FRIDAY IT'S GONNA BE SICK!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

laters

PhilB1029
02-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by arush
MUDVAYNE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO SEE THEM ON FRIDAY IT'S GONNA BE SICK!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

laters

kick *** tell us what its like u lucky SOB!!!!! lol