PDA

View Full Version : LARGER THEN LIFE! TRUST ME

benedict
02-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Listen. I bet there are parts of this kit that are not touched for weeks. I mean come on...please. Plus allso (joking) it costed more then his house.

benedict
02-05-2003, 02:52 PM
left

benedict
02-05-2003, 02:53 PM
right

SLIPKNOT1
02-05-2003, 02:55 PM
If you consider the fact that some of those pads act as cymbals, it is really not that big a kit. Figure 8-10 of them are cymbals (Crashes, Ride, Splashes) and the rest would be the equivelant of say 5 rack toms and two floor toms plus a snare, Cow bell, jam block, etc.

But yes, it was probably expensive.

DaveLombardoRules
02-05-2003, 02:56 PM
WOW:eek:

benedict
02-05-2003, 03:00 PM
OK, I take it back. Maby, just maby he it trying to copy Bozzio. Who knows?

purity
02-05-2003, 03:54 PM
I'll take it.

pregan
02-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1
If you consider the fact that some of those pads act as cymbals, it is really not that big a kit. Figure 8-10 of them are cymbals (Crashes, Ride, Splashes) and the rest would be the equivelant of say 5 rack toms and two floor toms plus a snare, Cow bell, jam block, etc.

Yowza! :)

Not too be too critical of the musician, but one of the problems I've read about with placing Roland mesh drum pads so close together is that they can accidentally trigger each other when struck. The trick is to lower the sensitivity of the drum pads, but then you have to hit them harder to get even just average sound. Seems like a lot of time, money, and effort not well spent to me...

Plus, it's my understanding that one of the benefits of an electronic kit is the ability to get a large number of noises out of a small number of drums. But then, that criticism is made without knowing what kind of projects the musician works on.

Still a very, very nice setup, tho'. I surely wouldn't complain if it were mine. :)

stavis
02-05-2003, 04:02 PM
i didn't know there were enough outputs in the brain for all of them.

pregan
02-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1

Yowza! :)

Not too be too critical of the musician, but one of the problems I've read about with placing Roland mesh drum pads so close together is that they can accidentally trigger each other when struck. The trick is to lower the sensitivity of the drum pads, but then you have to hit them harder to get even just average sound. Seems like a lot of time, money, and effort not well spent to me...

Plus, it's my understanding that one of the benefits of an electronic kit is the ability to get a large number of noises out of a small number of drums. But then, that criticism is made without knowing what kind of projects the musician works on.

Still a very, very nice setup, tho'. I surely wouldn't complain if it were mine. :)

SLIPKNOT1
02-05-2003, 04:05 PM
I see two brains, one on the left, one on the right plus what appears to be a Mackie mixer. Why you would have a mixer with an electronic kit i dont know. But then again, they are not my thing and i dont know alot about them.

SKiezws
02-05-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of electronic drums...but i'd take the throne.

psx00
02-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Wow.....very sweet looking kit. The electronics make it so clean. The variety of sounds available to that person must be enormous. BTW, where did you get that pic?

:D

Beattimyer
02-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by stavis
i didn't know there were enough outputs in the brain for all of them.

I see at least 2 roland brains, you have to connect at least 2 brains for a kit that size. It may even be three, i didn't pay enough attention but i know i saw two brains, one on each side of the kit.

stavis
02-05-2003, 08:46 PM
oh, sorry. I only saw one, I guess I should look closer next time.

psx00
02-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by stavis
oh, sorry. I only saw one, I guess I should look closer next time.

For shame, for shame....

:p

powermatt99
02-05-2003, 10:05 PM
1. If I counted correctly, I think that guy has about 49 different triggers, including the dual trigger pads. It could be more/less depending on the age/model of some of the pads. In addition to the TD10 Modules, the SPD20 can accept up to 6 additional inputs, plus one control input. Then all of that can be sent via MIDI to the master brain and all the others will act as slaves. Hope he doesn't loose his memory settings.

2. As much as I love edrums, I can get 49 distinct sounds out of my 5 piece kit, with hats, ride and two crashes. Granted, I can't choose what sound I want, but I have quite an arsenal.

3. Whose rig is that? Where does he reside? Any doors/windows he commonly leaves unlocked?

benedict
02-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by psx00
Wow.....very sweet looking kit. The electronics make it so clean. The variety of sounds available to that person must be enormous. BTW, where did you get that pic?

I can`t remember where I got it from. I think I started from the Vdrums.com site

OC_boy
02-06-2003, 12:15 PM
iam not a big fan of those super super huge kits. i do like larger kits like 8 piece but all this crap like 15 peice sets thats just nuts. and it would be harder to take to shows when you only have a van

benf
02-06-2003, 12:54 PM
He has a TD-8 brain and a TD-10 brain. He also has the same mackie mixer as me. I forget the specs of it.

Dude... where did you read that the roland mesh pads trigger each other? I'd be very surprised if that were true. I've played a bunch of V-Drum kits, and have never experianced such a problem.

pregan
02-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by benf
He has a TD-8 brain and a TD-10 brain. He also has the same mackie mixer as me. I forget the specs of it.

Dude... where did you read that the roland mesh pads trigger each other? I'd be very surprised if that were true. I've played a bunch of V-Drum kits, and have never experianced such a problem.

I thought I read that on the Vdrums.com website that if you have the sensitivity up high enough and if the drums are close that the movement of air from speakers and surrounding drums can set off the triggers. Or old age could be playing tricks on me again, and I'm just talking out of my *****. :p

kikex
02-06-2003, 03:37 PM
It seems nice but y hate electronic kits y dont know why y just hate them