sad..

mrbeaver
02-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hank182
more u pay the better the gear is gonna be!!! OC kick ***
hahah that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard

ab
02-05-2003, 06:07 PM
not a good post to start off your time here at pearl forums eh hank?

SLIPKNOT1
02-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ab
not a good post to start off your time here at pearl forums eh hank?

LOL!!, ab knows the deal.

snizare
02-05-2003, 09:40 PM
man... i resent the "wannabe travis" comment.

i dont care what yall say, travis is frickin amazing. admit it - the only reason you dont like him is cos he's with blink. people, look past the band. travis is probably my biggest drumming inspiration, with chad sexton and my most recent, apex theory's sammy watson. yes, theyre secular - but somewhere someone said that popular=crap. that is not true. for instance... slipknot is popular, but are they crap?

i know of one guy who will pop you one if you say they are.

i use travis' setup (5 piece, tom to left) cos it is what works best for me. do i play blink 182 music nonstop? nope. but somehow by my setup people assume that.

come on, guys... we're drummers... aren't we a bit above being so damn judgemental? thats what boy/girl bands are for.

TLD
02-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Travis doesn't fall under my "frikin amazing" catagory, but oh well. Whatever turns ya on.

Dex
02-05-2003, 10:05 PM
more u pay the better the gear is gonna be!!! OC kick ***

If you believe that, then I'll sell you my whole kit for only 4 million dollars. It'll be the best kit you'll ever play.

drummers_4_life
02-06-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by snizare
slipknot is popular, but are they crap?

i know of one guy who will pop you one if you say they are.

Yes. Yes they are.

giantmink
02-06-2003, 01:11 AM
Nope, Slipknot is not crap. The vocals in Blink are whiny and I can tell you from being a vocalist and a drummer they are not actually hitting pictches, tones, or notes when they sing. Screaming (Like Slipknot) also does not require much talent. Anybody can do it, but when Corey does sing he is amazingly talented. And having known those guys for years I can tell you for a ********* FACT that they are way more musically talented than Blink. I have an MP3 of Blink biffing it live so hard, just doing a full on faceplant musically. How in the hell do you mess up a Blink song?!? The guitars and bass are the easiest things to play and learn! I am not an ******* and going to say that Blink suck, but I am a musician and I can tell you that you should think twice before calling Slipknot crap. I can learn something from Travis or Joey. Both are great musicians. Blink does just what is called for in music, they keep it basic, write catchy songs, they are fun, funny, and fairly modest guys. Sometimes though when a band like Slipknot pushes boundaries and plays music that actually has depth in it, they are the real winners. They did something that people rarely do now. Yeah, Slipknot is nothing THAT new. But I can think of more originality and integrity in Slipknot than I can in Blink. That's just my opinon.

mrbeaver
02-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Dex

If you believe that, then I'll sell you my whole kit for only 4 million dollars. It'll be the best kit you'll ever play.
10 million here:D

tucker8687
02-06-2003, 09:37 PM
yes, slipknot is crap. I'm suprised they haven't started ritual animal sacrifices at concerts.

SLIPKNOT1
02-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by tucker8687
yes, slipknot is crap. I'm suprised they haven't started ritual animal sacrifices at concerts.

:rolleyes: Yet another clueless sterotyper.

giantmink
02-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah it was. Go listen to some Wayne Newton or some ****. Man... is that stuff cheesy.

Kermit
02-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Screaming and growling is very difficult to do without losing your voice. It takes a lot of practice to do.

Full Collapse
02-07-2003, 10:00 AM
I hate metal and stuff like that but I can definitely respect Slipknot. One of my biggest drumming inpirations is Adam Carson from AFI.

giantmink
02-08-2003, 03:20 AM
AFI is a great band. I like them a lot.

mrbeaver
02-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by tucker8687
. I'm suprised they haven't started ritual animal sacrifices at concerts.
lollolololol know that i think about it im suprised they havent started having animal sacrifices :p although they arent a crappy band they are pretty cool