PDA

View Full Version : THE VENTED TOMS WORKED!

giantmink
02-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, the vented toms sound great!!! I actually only did my 14" and 16" floor toms so far but they have TONS of clarity! I am going to go to the hardware store tonight to get a 1" drill porter for the 10" and 12" toms. I used a 2" drill porter on the floor toms and they are very clear and thunderous. If you have a set that could use some added features I would try it. It is really worth it!

dblbassmassacre
02-05-2003, 07:56 AM
how did you vent them? just drill holes in the side of them?

xxxDISENGAGExxx
02-05-2003, 08:41 AM
get some pics up for us, please!

giantmink
02-05-2003, 01:44 PM
I will put some pics up tonight as soon as I get home from work, that will be like midnight though.

psx00
02-05-2003, 02:24 PM
This should be interesting!

:D

mrbeaver
02-05-2003, 04:48 PM
oh yes im very interested on how they sound

giantmink
02-06-2003, 01:25 AM
No pics tonight, exhausted. Here is a sound evaluation...

10" Not a whole lot of difference, I need new edges cut anyways.
12" Loud as hell, a lot more resonant sounding.
14" Much more clear and focused with a lot of attack for a 14".
16" Really loud and resonant, much clearer sounding.

psx00
02-06-2003, 06:53 AM
How many vents did you put in each one?

:D

giantmink
02-08-2003, 03:23 AM
Just one vent in each tom. I made a 2" in the 14" and 16". 1 1/2 in the 10" and 12". I need to get pics up.

drumminbum101
02-08-2003, 10:23 PM
tell us how you vent your own drums

giantmink
02-09-2003, 01:45 AM
I actually did at the top. If you would like to know more though I could give a bit more detail.

Lead_Foot
02-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I wonder about the bass drum.

I would also like to see those pics.

Poncho

Adrian NoRi
02-09-2003, 03:12 PM
put some pics. please!!!

fartsinajar
02-12-2003, 04:27 PM
yeah! pics!

Hoody
02-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Doesn't this go against the point of RIMS, I.S.S, Optimounts et all.
A tom shell needs to resonate as a sound chamber to generate good tone, and long sustain. I would imagine the vented toms would sound dry, and offer little sustain. They may sound good sitting right next to them but you would lose a lot of nuances. I am positive you would have a smeller tuning range now.
The only reason why it works on snares is because it's purpose is to produce a short stoccatic burst of sound. Your trying to throw the sound through the snares, by venting you let air escape producing louder volumes and less overtones.

Drumming Hobo
02-12-2003, 09:30 PM
While the venting my (although I question this fact) defeat the purpose of RIMS, etc. I have long been a fan of the Billy Martin of MMW school of though, in which the tom/bass unit act as a whole, with mounts through the shells. The vented toms is just taking the idea in a different direction. While I doubt I would risk my toms on such an endeavor (feel free to call me a hippocrite, since I bastardized my really old export steel shell snare) I would love to see the pictures also.

mrbeaver
02-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Drumming Hobo
bastardized
thats a really cool word. i vote in word of the day

rsdrumz
02-14-2003, 12:20 PM
ditto

Fredzs
02-14-2003, 05:41 PM
PICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

broken ride maker
02-15-2003, 07:46 PM
yah man, your missing pics

giantmink
02-16-2003, 01:28 AM
I am a chef! The hours suck, give me a break. :) Here are the pics, excuse the blurriness. The edges of the vents are perfect, the pics make them look a bit jagged. I am going to re-finish my kit so that is why there are no badges on there at the moment. I am going to a green and purple checker effect on the whole kit. Just go the link below, it has all my work so far and then some.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/giantmink333/lst?&.dir=/Drum+Photos&.src=ph&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/giantmink333/lst%3f%26.dir=/Drum%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

emopunker
02-16-2003, 04:04 AM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b8fecec9/bc/Drum+Photos/ChameleonBassHead2.jpg?bc0P3T.AzLZwAYwq
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b8fecec9/bc/Drum+Photos/GreenPearlBassDrum3.jpg?bc7S3T.AkPhl2ayj

Huge enough holes don't you think? Thanks for the pics, they look great, too bad we can't hear how your vented toms sound like. :cool:

drummer4JC
02-16-2003, 09:50 AM
cool beans dude! i might do something like that to the tamas i have now when i get my brx...but thatll be like...i dont know...5 years...lol. ohh well...

PearlDrummer52
07-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by drummer4JC
cool beans dude! i might do something like that to the tamas i have now when i get my brx...but thatll be like...i dont know...5 years...lol. ohh well...
hahahahahhahha love ur sig.

rjx
07-18-2003, 08:32 PM
When my new kit gets here maybe I will put vents in my old export kit? Like 4 vents per drum :D It only cost me $250 so who cares hehe Vents in the bass would be interesting.

rjx
07-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by giantmink

12" Loud as hell, a lot more resonant sounding.
16" Really loud and resonant, much clearer sounding.
Hmmm venting should decrease resonance.

Awful
07-19-2003, 02:48 AM
humm if you only put one vent in each tom shouldnt the vent point out so it would project? that would be like venting your batter bass head lol

noraABungle
07-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Venting is used so the air can displace faster....the way the hole faces has nothing to do with it.

Peace
Aaron

Robert-jan
07-19-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by rjx
When my new kit gets here maybe I will put vents in my old export kit? Like 4 vents per drum :D It only cost me $250 so who cares hehe Vents in the bass would be interesting.

why dont you just buy some cheap rim or other sus system?
remove the tomholders..theres your vent....

jonnyfun
07-20-2003, 04:17 PM
why the Fcuk would anyone wanna vent a bass ( 2 idiots have said so far), when you can port the reso head.

Bloody idiots, why ruin a good shell when you dont have to, and it wouldnt be "interesting" at all.

Jon

doc_on_drums
07-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by jonnyfun
why the Fcuk would anyone wanna vent a bass ( 2 idiots have said so far), when you can port the reso head.

Bloody idiots, why ruin a good shell when you dont have to, and it wouldnt be "interesting" at all.

Jon
That's kinda what I was thinking, I might have said it with a little more tact.
It seems to me that venting a tom would be about the same as removing the reso head.

Tama Drummer
07-20-2003, 04:55 PM
this is the worst I ever heard, great way of wrecking a kit!!
You won't be able to sell it in the near future.
What type of kit was that anyway??

pearlkid
07-20-2003, 08:35 PM
i just got me a pork pie snare so i might vent my old CB snare its a POS neways

realdrummer
07-21-2003, 12:13 AM
giantmink,

Just out of curiousity, are you "slow"? You know, short bus material? Why on earth would you DRILL HOLES in your drums? Is it because OCDP told you to? Because Travis or Adrian plays some vented abomination? Sweet Jesus, what's going on when all of you Pearl forumites think it's a good idea to STEAL ALL OF THE RESONANCE FROM A DRUM? Remember why nobody uses concert toms today? Of course not, you're 13 years old. But the point is, giant holes in the shell (or the head, for that matter) make your drums sound terrible. You might as well buy some cardboard boxes, and save your money for something worthwhile. (Like tattoos. Travis has 'em, so they MUST be the shizzznit.)

Really, don't be a moron. Vented shells sound HORRIBLE. Don't buy into the OCDP nonsense. Don't play resonance-less drums just because they're loud and because some idiot told you they were kewl. You're wasting your money, you sound terrible, and you look foolish.

noraABungle
07-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Vented toms/basses = retarded

Vented Snare = cool **** depending on what kind of sound you need........

1)Most guys dont want a resonant snare anyways, so buy venting the snare it means you dont have to muffle the heads..which sounds far worse IMO.

2) It's no tjust the loudness factor..it makes the snare SUPER sensitive.

But again..it doesn't work all of the time....just like a 14x8 copper snare doesn't work all of the time.

Peace
Aaron

P.S. I do believe that most people are buying into venting as a fad.....its a shame....most kids that have them probably bought them with out ever trying one before....

but that doesn't make it a gimmick.

realdrummer
07-21-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by noraABungle

2) It's no tjust the loudness factor..it makes the snare SUPER sensitive.

No, it certainly does not. Basic physics, friend. Now, it WILL be louder, and a lot of people seem to confuse that with being more sensitive, but a vented snare will not respond as well at lower volumes as an unvented snare. Sorry, OCDP kidz, but the emperor's naked.

Don't worry, though. The trend will be over, soon enough. Nobody's playing those Gawd-awful Ludwig slotted Coliseum drums these days.

doc_on_drums
07-21-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by realdrummer

No, it certainly does not. Basic physics, friend. Now, it WILL be louder, and a lot of people seem to confuse that with being more sensitive, but a vented snare will not respond as well at lower volumes as an unvented snare. Sorry, OCDP kidz, but the emperor's naked.

Don't worry, though. The trend will be over, soon enough. Nobody's playing those Gawd-awful Ludwig slotted Coliseum drums these days.
You do bring up a good point realdrummer. I have seen it in every aspect of music, stereos, DJ's, bands drums and other instruments. Even in two way radio, so many people confuse the difference between "louder" and "sounds good".

stavis
07-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by realdrummer
giantmink,

Just out of curiousity, are you "slow"? You know, short bus material? Why on earth would you DRILL HOLES in your drums? Is it because OCDP told you to? Because Travis or Adrian plays some vented abomination? Sweet Jesus, what's going on when all of you Pearl forumites think it's a good idea to STEAL ALL OF THE RESONANCE FROM A DRUM? Remember why nobody uses concert toms today? Of course not, you're 13 years old. But the point is, giant holes in the shell (or the head, for that matter) make your drums sound terrible. You might as well buy some cardboard boxes, and save your money for something worthwhile. (Like tattoos. Travis has 'em, so they MUST be the shizzznit.)

Really, don't be a moron. Vented shells sound HORRIBLE. Don't buy into the OCDP nonsense. Don't play resonance-less drums just because they're loud and because some idiot told you they were kewl. You're wasting your money, you sound terrible, and you look foolish.

originally posted by realdrummerNo, it certainly does not. Basic physics, friend. Now, it WILL be louder, and a lot of people seem to confuse that with being more sensitive, but a vented snare will not respond as well at lower volumes as an unvented snare. Sorry, OCDP kidz, but the emperor's naked.

Now that's funny!! :p

I agree though! That's all we need now....more holes in drums. At this rate Dremel is gonna be one of the most profitable companies in the world with all these kids runnin out and buyin drills so they can make their drums "cool". :rolleyes:

You make some good points on the second quote as well. The Coliseum's popularity only lasted a couple years.....the OCDP rip-off of that is soon nearing it's demise as well.........fortunately.

victimunknown
07-21-2003, 08:09 AM
unrelated but isnt that a chicken in your shed.

eor
07-21-2003, 11:06 AM
if u buy a vented snare to play at low volums u r an idiot, people buy vented snares if they play in loud bands, they do work they do sounds good, not everyone buys them to be cool, as for drilling holes in your tom there is a reason companies dont do it, and to all u kids out there drilling holes inthings left and right stop ocdp does it in snares and persoannaly it shouldnt be done unless u r playing t least a 20 ply snare cause it wont get the full effect i think

noraABungle
07-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Maybe "sensitive" wasnt the word I was looking for.....all I no is the ghost notes on a vented snare sound spectacular.

Peace
Aaron

fatboy46
07-21-2003, 02:40 PM
!!!! put down to drill... back away slowly... dont make any sudden moves... !!!

well, they are YOUR drums.. and at least they are Exports
(Forums would have been better).. :D

just as the ported heads on a bass work to cut resonance and increase attack.. so does venting the bottom heads on toms.. cheaper, too.. the value ofthe kit is now about.. 200.00 or the value of the hardware.. BUT!! .. BIG BUTT... if you like it that is kewl.. ! you'll have to find a kid that REALLY want OCDP and cant afford it.. but will jump on your kit when you decide to sell... ;-)

asyou ca nsee, there are several opinions on cutting holes in drums.. mine, if it is a junker kit.. and that's what you want.. go for it.. at least it wasn't a MW kit!!

Glass19
07-21-2003, 04:34 PM
*Slappes himself in the forehead* Foolish....just foolish. I fear that OCDP has created monsters. Ugh...lets think people please!!!

universaldrummer
07-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Im going to vent all of my drums....(an old ******ty set)
actually probably not, i might try it.... could be cool

doc_on_drums
07-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by universaldrummer
Im going to vent all of my drums....(an old ******ty set)
actually probably not, i might try it.... could be cool
Just take your reso heads off (that's how we did it in the 70's), it does the same thing and won't devalue your drums.

giantmink
07-22-2003, 01:46 AM
I would first like to say a few things. To anybody who has been an absolute rude idiot (realdrummer, etc.), go **** yourself. I am not going to sit here and brag or debate about what I know and you don't but I studied for some of the things that are being discussed and while you have some valid points they are not all correct. This has nothing to do with OCDP at all. I made a vented snare about 6 years ago before I even knew of the company. I don't like or endorse OC (you can ask anybody who has seen my posts) and furthermore just because something is less resonant does not mean it sounds ******, you retards. It is a desired effect. It honestly is not as drastic as removing a resonant head other than the fact that is permanent. Plus if you would actually do some research you would find that sonic capabilities are not only limited by what you choose to/can hear but react differently in any environment. *******, if you do not take chances or try to explore anything you cannot create. How do you achieve a great piece of art? You work on it until you get the desired effect. I got mine thank you...

giantmink
07-22-2003, 01:49 AM
By the way, I never stated that I would sell my kit. I have never sold one and never will. I also did not state the drums were more resonant, I said they sounded more resonant since the tone is more audible.

Awful
07-22-2003, 01:59 AM
Man i give you props for being origional and having the balls to be different. Would you if possible post a sound clip of them?

fatboy46
07-22-2003, 11:52 AM
"I also did not state the drums were more resonant, I said they sounded more resonant since the tone is more audible."

? huh? they 'sound' more resonant? since the tone is more audible? OK.. so the english language isn't your primary means of expression.. that's ok :D

'terminology' to describe drum sounds has always been a big problem.. resonant to me, means the sound is fuller, lasts longer..(rings like the dickens, comes to mind).. 'dry' is it's opposite.. much more attack, or the sound of the stick hitting the head, short sound..
'wet'.. a loose thwack sound.. loose tension on the batter head, or use of hot rods instead of sticks..

after that.. all the terms get interesting.. 'fat', 'wet', "crisp" is fairly clear to everybody..usually associated with 'Dry'..
hey they are your drums.. drill if you like.. it's just that very few drummers favor drilling extra holes in drums.. far too many drums' value has been ruined by drilling a drum unncecessarily.. YOU aint gonna sell them.. YOU are gonna keep them forever.. after you are gone and 'one with the earth'... and your grandkid gets the drums.. and finds out that the kit/color.. is valuable.. except for the holes drilled in them.. then he's gonna be disappointed.

I dont argue with drilling to add internal mufflers IFF the drum was available with an internal muffler as an option AND you have the proper muffler/brand/style for that drum.. ex: Tama.. had at least 2 different styles of internal mufflers for snares.. gotta put the right one on the right drum.. many many drums have been ruined by drilling holes.. little ones.. big ones.. just one hole.. several holes.. your drums, your choice.. just dont expect a lot of people to pat you on the back and remark "how brave and innovative you are"..
p.s.-- here's a thought.. if 1-2" vent holes are a good thing.. why have Ludwig, Tama, Pearl, Mapex, DW, Rogers, Slingerland, Yamaha.. etc.. NOT made drums with holes in them ( although there have been 'stadium' drums with a 1-2" gap around the middle of the drum to make it LOUDER.. )

so OCDP pokes holes in their drums, and are smart enuf to make that a marketing point.. cool..also, it seems that a LOT of their drums do NOT have big vent holes.. some folks like the drums, finishes, hardware, but dont want big holes...

who knows, maybe in 20-30 years.. your drums will be THE big deal..!

noraABungle
07-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by fatboy46
'wet'.. a loose thwack sound.. loose tension on the batter head, or use of hot rods instead of sticks..

How does using hot rods make the sound wet????????????
I dont know which rods you're using but the ones I have don't give a loose thwack sound.

after that.. all the terms get interesting.. 'fat', 'wet', "crisp" is fairly clear to everybody..usually associated with 'Dry'..

How do you associate 'wet' and 'fat' with 'dry'........first 'wet' is the EXACT opposite of 'dry'.......second 'fat' is usually used to describe a thinck sound (resonant).........

Maybe some of you guys don't agree with vented snares (they aren't for everyone), but how about you quit preaching to people who do like a dry, loud snare. I dont really like fast crashes, I like my crashes to ring out....and if I want to cut it short I'll mute it with my hand, bu that doesn't mean that every time I see someone with a fast crash that I'm going to ***** them out because of it, or make fun of them......TO EACH HIS OWN.

If the guy likes the sound of his toms vented, then good for him....obviously you aren't going to change his mind.

BTW....just wondering.........how many of you tha bash vented snares have tried one???????? and also, how old are you????

Peace
Aaron

noraABungle
07-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Well...I just looked at your profile Fatboy.....or shall I say 'oldman' (drumming since '58....how was that I guessed you were around that age before even looking at you rprofile??? hmmmm)...............Just like the typical geezer....knock **** because you can't take change, right??????? My Grandma's the same way.

Peace
Aaron

and if anybody is wondering.....I'm 19, I attend Centenary College in Louisiana (Im instructed by one of the finest drummers I've ever met), Im on a full scholarship there (for my drumming abilities).....

vanillaCOKE2k2
07-22-2003, 06:48 PM
whut next the bass drum.

pEAniE_oNe
07-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Tama Drummer
this is the worst I ever heard, great way of wrecking a kit!!
You won't be able to sell it in the near future.
What type of kit was that anyway??

dude is that all you ever have to say about anything expirimental?

"WAY TO WRECK...."

i mean you seem to be so narrow minded.... although i think it was stupid of him to do such a thing, i find it nice to see that people are still curious and not affraid to try and find out what the out come will be..... anyway that my two cents, if you dont like em i suppose you could keep em up your *** for awhile... until your ready to mature and be more open to anything and everything that is not TAMA! im out, piece

sincerely
pEAniE_oNe

noraABungle
07-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by pEAniE_oNe
until your ready to mature and be more open to anything and everything

That's the problem most these guys are WELL past mature and heading towards senile.........

Peace
Aaron

noraABungle
07-22-2003, 11:25 PM
You know I really hate sounding like such a prick.....but you get what you give.

Peace
Aaron

pEAniE_oNe
07-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by noraABungle

That's the problem most these guys are WELL past mature and heading towards senile.........

Peace
Aaron

dude your almost there... i mean once you hit 20, 21 ish your screwed for life....way past your prime, i mean im 16 and i ***** about being out of it and past my prime, then again im canadian and started to expiriment at a younger age (its due to the fact that our legal age for alot is 18)

fatboy46
07-23-2003, 07:57 AM
posted by norabungle..Well...I just looked at your profile Fatboy.....or shall I say 'oldman' (drumming since '58....how was that I guessed you were around that age before even looking at you rprofile??? hmmmm)...............Just like the typical geezer....knock **** because you can't take change, right??????? My Grandma's the same way.

Peace
Aaron

and if anybody is wondering.....I'm 19, I attend Centenary College in Louisiana (Im instructed by one of the finest drummers I've ever met), Im on a full scholarship there (for my drumming abilities).....

? ooookay... i bow to the infinate knowledge and mass experience of the 19 year old (with such huge talent that he is on scholarship) ..

my comments come from seeing so many drums' value 'ruined' by extra holes.. added by amateurs . now, if YOUR drums are piece of junk already.. hey, drill 'em!!.. if you feel the need to re-invent the wheel because you aren't aware that the wheel was invented a looong time ago. ok.. go for it..

I'm always impressed by the absolute supreme knowledge of some 19 year olds.. ! Change? i've seen more change than you can conceive of, kiddo.. most everything changes in time.. and just look at drums.. still a round cylinder ( most of them anyway..a few are square or elliptical)..

you want to drill your drums.. go for it!! put holes everywhere!.. it aint my problem.. likely, you arent ever gonna own anything worth saving anyway.. with your 'talent' drums will be 'tools' , to be used, drilled, thrown away.. to get the newest stuff.. yeah, that's it.. drums are a 'fashion statement' to you.. gotta have the current 'look' in order to be cool!!.

grow up kid.. everybody has 'opinions. i posted mine .. and explained it.. and you gotta jump on ME.. go back to your teacher.. maybe he'll actually teach you something you can use.. like common sense and manners.

p.s.-- my remarks were to giantmink..in response to his protests from all the folks that DONT like big holes in their drums.. not to you.. just because you think that it is 'new' and thus 'better' doesnt make it so.. you like LOUD.. go for it.. you want 'slow' crashes.. buy 'em.. that is YOUR sound.. and it is cool.. when you grow up, learn to play for the music, some times the producer will tell you to use a fast crash..are a 'wet' sounding snare.. if you dont have one.. you may be out of a job..

also.. your disagreement with MY terms wet, dry, etc.. merely isslusttrates my comment.. that they mean different things to different people..

jonnyfun
07-23-2003, 09:57 AM
HEY! OCDP d00dZ, Ima gonna vent my kick pedal so it becomes super sensitive and makes my bass louder!
RAWK \m/_ D0000000000000D

I'm also gonna vent my throne because its a stupid idea so it fits in with venting drums perfectly :D

Cretins.

Jon

fatboy46
07-23-2003, 10:14 AM
jonny.. hey!.. venting the throne would give you some 'ventilation'..?! holes in the braces would lighten it up ( mite collapse, too).. heck, lets vent our drumsticks,too!!

pEAniE_oNe
07-23-2003, 11:49 AM
QUOTE]Originally posted by jonnyfun
HEY! OCDP d00dZ, Ima gonna vent my kick pedal so it becomes super sensitive and makes my bass louder!
RAWK \m/_ D0000000000000D

I'm also gonna vent my throne because its a stupid idea so it fits in with venting drums perfectly :D

Cretins.

Jon [/QUOTE]

jonny.. hey!.. venting the throne would give you some 'ventilation'..?! holes in the braces would lighten it up ( mite collapse, too).. heck, lets vent our drumsticks,too!!

are you people the kind of people in which no matter what you have to and will do anything to be different? or are have you never actually inquired the oppurtunity to play a OCP vented snare? or is it that you have played one and you just didnt have the needed talent to get the best of it (ghost notes, rim shots, and so forth)... anyway im out, piece

sincerely
pEAniE_oNe

giantmink
07-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Wow, I never really thought that this would be such a big deal. Saying "audible" was pretty bad man. I went to school for Technical Writing of many things, lol. This is the way I look at it in a nutshell. I CANNOT sell my drums. The other thing is that I re-finished them as well. I didn't intend for them to have this insane value. I wanted to experiment and I am pleased with the results. Not only am I pleased with the results but many people who were hesitant about it ended up complimenting me. Much like the purpose of a large vent on an OCDP snare (or the hole on a bass drum head for that matter) this offers internal microphone placement which has not failed thus far. I also agree that OCDP is marketable but sad to say they know they're ****. I don't really like a lot of they're stuff nor would I buy because I can do it myself but they know what they are doing. I am leaving it at that. Thanks to those who complimented and had nice things to say etc. I will post soundclips when one of my bands records next month.

eor
07-23-2003, 12:40 PM
i love al of u people who make fun of vented snares because they really do work and sound good its not just a gimik i have not heard any other snares that soun lik em

fatboy46
07-23-2003, 02:07 PM
peanie wrote:"

are you people the kind of people in which no matter what you have to and will do anything to be different? or are have you never actually inquired the oppurtunity to play a OCP vented snare? or is it that you have played one and you just didnt have the needed talent to get the best of it (ghost notes, rim shots, and so forth)... anyway im out, piece"

"what you have to and will do anything to be different?" Huh?

"never actually inquired the oppurtunity to play a OCP " huh?

"you just didnt have the needed talent to get the best of it (ghost notes, rim shots, " yeah, right..

dude.. I dont see any benefit to drilling big holes in MY drums or YOUR drums.. but if they are YOUR drums.. go for it!!.. what is hard to understand about that?

the idea is OLD.. as in OLDER than you are.. i am quite aware of the 'effect' is has on the sound.. ok, louder.. if YOU NEED LOUDER ,THEN THAT IS COOL, MAYBE MIC's OR A HEARING AID WILL HELP... ;-) if you like holes.. drill everything you got!! go for it!! I really dont care if your drill your shoes, too!!

because MOST of the people in this world that play drums, can find other ways to 'dry' the sound.. increase the volume and increase sensitivity without ruining a drum..
p.s... either work on your typing, spelling or language skills... ;-)

pEAniE_oNe
07-23-2003, 02:14 PM
peanie wrote:"

are you people the kind of people in which no matter what you have to and will do anything to be different? or are have you never actually inquired the oppurtunity to play a OCP vented snare? or is it that you have played one and you just didnt have the needed talent to get the best of it (ghost notes, rim shots, and so forth)... anyway im out, piece"

"what you have to and will do anything to be different?" Huh?

"never actually inquired the oppurtunity to play a OCP " huh?

"you just didnt have the needed talent to get the best of it (ghost notes, rim shots, " yeah, right..

dude.. I dont see any benefit to drilling big holes in MY drums or YOUR drums.. but if they are YOUR drums.. go for it!!.. what is hard to understand about that?

the idea is OLD.. as in OLDER than you are.. i am quite aware of the 'effect' is has on the sound.. ok, louder.. if YOU NEED LOUDER ,THEN THAT IS COOL, MAYBE MIC's OR A HEARING AID WILL HELP... ;-) if you like holes.. drill everything you got!! go for it!! I really dont care if your drill your shoes, too!!

because MOST of the people in this world that play drums, can find other ways to 'dry' the sound.. increase the volume and increase sensitivity without ruining a drum..
p.s... either work on your typing, spelling or language skills... ;-)

hey ******* ok im sorry ill add some quomas it should make a bit more sense...

are you people the kind of people in which no matter what, you have to, and will do anything to be different? MEANING IF YOUR STUPID: DO FEEL THE NEED TO BE DIFFERENT, its ****ING SIMPLE

or are have you never actually inquired the oppurtunity to play a OCP vented snare? MEANING: HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED ONE, once more ****ING SIMPLE

anyway once more im out, piece

sincerely
pEAniE_oNe

pEAniE_oNe
07-23-2003, 02:15 PM
yes i spelt much wrong like COMMA... and others. pissed off rage

fatboy46
07-23-2003, 03:06 PM
peanie.. you temper tantrum is showing.. go have mommy get you an ice cream and chill out..

i'm picking on your lack of verbal skills, as well as your lack of understanding of drums, drumming and personal tastes..

i dont need to 'play' an OCp snare.. i played 'vented' drums back in 1962.. .. ..where were you in 1962?

if you want to drill ... drill!! if you want to spend a lot of $$ on a drum someone already drilled.. go for it.. when you get older.. MAYBE it will matter to you.. probably not.. so, in the long run.. it will all be for nothing!!.. just like the holes in the drums!!

now.. did mommy, get you an ice cream? do you feel better now?:D

pEAniE_oNe
07-23-2003, 03:31 PM
yes she got me an ice cream... the funny thing is she actually did... but yeah i have this problem in which i always have to be right well i realized now i was being a *******... you think what you think and ill know what i know.... and well im just gonna drop it..... thanx much for the realiy check although i dont think that was your intention. anyway im out, piece

sincerely
pEAniE_oNe

giantmink
07-24-2003, 01:17 PM
I really don't think picking on anybody is worth it. For the most part it is just a double standard once two people get going at it.

psx00
07-24-2003, 07:22 PM
still no pics?

:(

giantmink
07-24-2003, 09:21 PM
There are... look at my signature.

Xplora
07-27-2003, 04:21 AM
Very brave mod on your toms G :cool:

To Fatboy...

You are entitled to your opinion but opinions are like *******s. Everyone has them but not that doesn't mean its appropriate to parade them around in public. If you are as mature as you think you are, just say nothing about it. Not everyone is thinking resale value, and for some, the risk of killing a tom by venting it "just to find out how it sounds" is worth it. What is your problem? If you are just stirring to get a reaction out of people here, I suggest that you might not really want to spend time here that much.

Grow Up.

Slayerized
07-27-2003, 09:45 AM
I hate this whole idea of ruining the value, and original sound of your toms, but that silver free floater you have in the pic is SWEET