PDA

View Full Version : OCDP snare help please

M.A.P.D. drummer
02-02-2003, 06:35 PM
ok i am getting a OCDP kit and i don't get the finish things...........i want one that is safe for the drums.....like the laquer .......what dose it do dose it protect the shells and the finish..............if so what finish would a silver sparkle with blue textured hoops and 50% offset lugs be??

Autumn Decay
02-02-2003, 08:12 PM
Finish is nothing really< in my opinion. A laquer is just going to cost you an *** load more than a type 1 finish.
Email ocdp for all your questions, the are very nice people.

mrbeaver
02-02-2003, 09:16 PM
like it says on the site put a down payment on the set then they will discuss finishes

SLIPKNOT1
02-02-2003, 09:40 PM
A sparkle finish is a type 2 in most cases. Offset lugs and powdercoating have nothing to do with finish type, they are simply additional options. A Lacquer finish is in simple terms, paint and therefore will be more likley to be damaged. If you will be doing heavy gigging, a wrap is a much better choice as it will be more durable and if it becomes scratched badly can be re-wrapped for alot less then it would cost to repaint a drum and will always match. The initial cost will be less also.

And as to Mr. Beavers comment, it is incorrect, what it says is once they recieve a down payment they will make you samples of any finish you choose.

M.A.P.D. drummer
02-02-2003, 11:49 PM
thank you i think i am going to get one......about how much will it be to get it from them direct??

SLIPKNOT1
02-03-2003, 01:39 PM
What size snare and do you want die cast or flanged hoops? How many plies, you can have anything from 10-50. If you like a good solid Crack, get a 20 ply, if you like ALOT of crack, get a 30 ply. What kind of throwoff?, do you want porting?, if so how much. If you want, PM me and ill help you out.

mrbeaver
02-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1

And as to Mr. Beavers comment, it is incorrect, what it says is once they recieve a down payment they will make you samples of any finish you choose.
heh sorry bout that. I new that wa sit i guess i just didnt quite say it right

Full Collapse
02-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by M.A.P.D. drummer
ok i am getting a OCDP kit and i don't get the finish things...........i want one that is safe for the drums.....like the laquer .......what dose it do dose it protect the shells and the finish..............if so what finish would a silver sparkle with blue textured hoops and 50% offset lugs be??

What sizes do you want...That color selection sounds awfully familiar...I know who HAD that set. Cyrus from NFG. I'll tell you this...powdercoating is VERY expensive for the whole kit. Silver sparkle is Type II.

fatboy46
02-05-2003, 10:34 AM
lacquer finishes today.. are polyester.. tough stuff.. but they still scratch.. if u r gonna gig with it.. go for a covered drum/kit..