PDA

View Full Version : Wuhan

xpocad
02-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know how wuhan's 10 ,12 splashes are? Are they worth the money? How are their 12in. china's? What is a good ride for LITTLE $$? I play rock, punk, punk rock.

I have 3 crashes
18 zil
18 percussion +
14 percussion + (top hat) from hi hat
I have 1 China
18 zil oriental
I have 1 splash
about 7 in. it was an old zil crash that broke into almost perfect circle:D

I have 0 rides lol (I need one)

I also need some more splashes

What kind of splash and ride should i get? Any other sugestions on cymbals will help.

dRuTcH
02-01-2003, 08:18 PM
ummm....lets see....... for rides you might want to try the Sabian AAX Metal Ride, or studio. If you want to go cheaper you might want to try the zXt's.

The Wuhan's sounds good, but they vary from cymbal to cymbal so you might want to try them out in a store as apposed to buying them online.

P.S. www.massmusic.net has sabians going pretty cheaply.

Vinniepaul
02-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Massmusic.net SUCKS. --Tha real things is on Musiciansfriend.com

dRuTcH
02-02-2003, 02:36 PM
www.massmusic.net Sabians are cheaper.....just go and look.

doc_on_drums
02-14-2003, 04:46 PM
If you play your cymbals hard you might have a problem with the durability with wuhan. I had a wuhan 16" crash that a friend of mine broke after five minutes of playing. The cymbal was only about six months old. I don't play them hard, but the wuhan had too much wash and not enough crispness for my taste.

blinkfan141
02-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by xpocad
[B]Does anyone know how wuhan's 10 ,12 splashes are? Are they worth the money? How are their 12in. china's?
I have all three of those, and they are great cymbals. The splahes are trashy and have pretty good sustain. The 12" china is extremely loud for it's size, but almost too quick. You hear one quick blast, and then it's gone. I haven't broken any of them in 6 months, and I would reccomend them to anyone. You can get the 12" china and 12" splash in a pack for $40 at a local guitar center, and I got the 10" for $30 seperately. $70 for 3 great cymbals is a great deal. If you can, buy them.