PDA

View Full Version : Snare Mounting

Sloouh
01-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Is it possible to buy a mount for a snare such as the one pictured below? Also, will it be strong enough to hold a snare, the snare will be a soprano (Probably 13"x3") and will probably be mounted on the same stand as a small tom a cowbell and a 16" crash.

Mr. Possibility
01-30-2003, 12:59 PM
It would be easy to get a mount for it, ISS mounts are always good, you can always get a RIMS mount for it, just a basic rim mounted tom mount should work.

zilflight
01-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Im not sure which type mounting system you are asking about, because either you didnt send a picture, or it just didnt show up on my computer, but I can tell you that I hooked up my elx snare to an iss mount for a week or 2 and played like that. the elx snare is bigger than the one you would be using on it, and I can tell you, I had no feelings that the mount was about to break or anything like that. I plan on mounting my snare like that permanently one of these days, but I only have 3 iss mounts and 3 tom arms, and I like using all 3 of my toms, so until I get a 4th, the snare stays on a traditional snare stand. its a great idea though, specially if you use a double pedal, cause that way the snare stand wont get in the way. as far as your question of will the stand be able to handle it, it all depends on the stand, and where everything will be mounted, but if it wont work on that stand, you can always mount the snare off your hi hat stand.

mrbeaver
01-30-2003, 06:21 PM
almost any mount will work except optimounts is the only one i can think of that wouldnt

Sloouh
01-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah sorry, I didn't have time to check the pic had worked, it was just a snare with an I.S.S mount on it though; thanks for your help people.

SLIPKNOT1
01-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Tama makes the "Air Ride" snare mounting system which is basically a "Star Cast" mount that attatches to a special stand and compltley floats the snare. Portnoy uses this system and i have tried them and they are very well made and would do exactly what you wanted. www.tama.com

newbeat
02-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Do the hoop grips on the air ride dent or scractch the hoops?

SLIPKNOT1
02-01-2003, 04:37 PM
I have never seen scratches from a Start Cast mount, but i suppose they could if your not careful. I am just guessing.

mrbeaver
02-01-2003, 06:49 PM
i seriously doubt it would

smileyevil87
07-02-2003, 08:53 AM
I have one and I am pretty ruff on my drums they dont leave any marks on the rims the mounting is just like on the I.S.S. tom mounts

ludwigdrummer
07-11-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1
Tama makes the "Air Ride" snare mounting system which is basically a "Star Cast" mount that attatches to a special stand and compltley floats the snare. Portnoy uses this system and i have tried them and they are very well made and would do exactly what you wanted. www.tama.com

Can you use any hoop for the this system or does it have to be tama's hoop?

SLIPKNOT1
07-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ludwigdrummer

Can you use any hoop for the this system or does it have to be tama's hoop?

It will work with any brand of hoops. (Except wood)

JSXtremist
07-11-2003, 11:37 PM
I use starcast mounts, they dont leave any marks/straches of any kind on my drums.