PDA

View Full Version : New Chinas to purchase

Bostic
01-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Well tax time is here, so that means more cymbals. I really liked the sound of the AAXtreme China's. I've heard them live with the drummer of Sym X as well as Pete Sandoval, and they really cut through in a nasty way. I'm also looking at the relatively inexpensive ZXT Trashformer, though that could be awkward to fit in a cymbal bag.

PearlMan
01-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Have you tried 18"AAX china? This is my favorite china from Sabian.

dRuTcH
01-29-2003, 05:55 PM
The zXt chinas are pretty good, the trashformer is strictly an effects cymbal, and would break if you hit it with anything more than a 7a;)

U might wanna try the Wuhans.

Neal
01-29-2003, 06:45 PM
i have a 16" zildjian A china low that i'm not using if anyones interested. email me at [email protected] for pictures or more info.

revolution9
01-29-2003, 08:44 PM
YES !!! aaxtreme definitly. i have 17" and it sounds so trashy and badass one of my friends has a 19" too because of me. yes, get the aaxtreme.

jddrummer666
01-29-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm going to be buying an 18" AAX Chinese once i get a job. It's coolest sounding china i've heard.

OWIMdrummer
01-29-2003, 11:33 PM
I bought an 18" SABIAN hand hammered thin chinese a week ago. I love it! I don't think they make them anymore though. You could go for a HHX chinese. Raw funky tone! AAX chinas are supposed to be pretty good too.

Beattimyer
01-29-2003, 11:37 PM
I play Zildjian, but my favorite full size china(as in not my mini K) are the HHX, the nastiest, dirtiest, trashiest chinas i've heard, both the 18" and the 20" are sick. Not everyone wants that from there chinas though, i've found that i always end up putting rivets in chinas over the years to get the trashy sound i like, but with the HHX China's i don't see the need.

pearldrummerkid
01-30-2003, 12:33 AM
listen to the sound clip of the 18' sabian pro china. beautiful. the hhx china sound clip is also very nice.

Jamie
01-30-2003, 05:38 AM
Get the 17" aaxtreme chinese. i have one, it sounds fantastic, the perfect metal/hardrock china. very trashy, super loud with a quick decay. its great, go for that, definately.
Jamie

Ambion
01-30-2003, 06:48 PM
If you've got the money, the Paiste Rude china is great: loud, trashy, dark and raw. The signature heavy china is good but much more expensive.

treetrunk
01-31-2003, 08:15 PM
Last week for my B-day I got a HHX 20 inch china.
Freakin thing sounds like something off of star track.:p
I do, indeed like it because its sound is authentic. I
have never heard an effects/china cymbal sound like
this one. Nice Cymbal!

'Stumpy' Pepys
02-01-2003, 01:59 PM
I like to get a fast attack, thin/bright/trashy sound and rapid decay from a China and like the Sabian AAX series the best. I owned an 18" AAX China but found it a little too "gong-ie" so I sold it for a 16" (and eventually a 14" Mini-China) and ********* love them. The AAX Chinas sounded more focused than the AAXtreem China's to my ears.

DRUMMAN
02-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Are the Wuhan chinas any good?

fartsinajar
02-03-2003, 01:32 PM
i feel like jumping in... personaly, i like the wuhan chinas. i got me a 16 inch wuhan china for something like 40 bucks. its absolutely the trashiest thing ever. it cracked after a few months, but it was well worth it. i liked the sound so much. recently i bought an 18 inch aax china, and i am most pleased with that as well. so basically, go try out all the stuff and see what you like

rockdrummer00
02-04-2003, 05:30 PM
the 18" paiste RUDE chinas a awesome but I love the 16" zildjian oriental china trash its the best in my mind...

drumrocker24
02-15-2003, 08:53 PM
try the B8 china........sure its cheap but it sounds really good

vanillaCOKE2k2
02-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Try the zildjian oriental china trash if you are looking for loud, funky, or trashy. If your lookin for somethin a little mellower try the zildjian oriental classic china.

MikeH
02-16-2003, 07:47 AM
I'm not big on Chinas, i own a 16" AA Sabian and can't stand the sound of it (it's a nice wall piece though). The 16" turned me off of chinas but i listened to a 18" AA fast chinese from Sabian which i like very much and plan on buying.

nealybird
02-16-2003, 04:37 PM
I have a 20" Sabian AA brilliant china that I can't stand to play. Way to gong-y for me. The only other china I've bought (which I am using now) is a Wuhan 16", which is pretty nice and was very cheap. As has been mentioned, it probably wouldn't hold up very well for a heavy hitter, as it is pretty thin.

I would love to find something more shimmery and musical, something that you can ride 1/4" notes on without overpowering the drums. Someone got a good suggestion for that?

I also love small, fast cymbals. What would be the sweetest sounding 14" china?
And how about the Portnoy MaxStaxx, or whatever it's called? Anybody like them?

PearlMan
02-16-2003, 04:43 PM
I would love to find something more shimmery and musical, something that you can ride 1/4" notes on without overpowering the drums. Someone got a good suggestion for that?
How about AAX china, either 16" or 18"? Also Paiste 2002 Novo china is way cool.

treetrunk
02-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by nealybird
I have a 20" Sabian AA brilliant china that I can't stand to play. Way to gong-y for me. The only other china I've bought (which I am using now) is a Wuhan 16", which is pretty nice and was very cheap. As has been mentioned, it probably wouldn't hold up very well for a heavy hitter, as it is pretty thin.

I also love small, fast cymbals. What would be the sweetest sounding 14" china?
And how about the Portnoy MaxStaxx, or whatever it's called? Anybody like them?

Try a China from the HH line or an A custom High; both are
good for riding.

nealybird
02-17-2003, 08:34 PM
thanks pearlman and treetrunk.
Anybody else have more good opinions?
thx!