PDA

View Full Version : Rudaments

SwankyJ
01-22-2003, 10:23 PM
I'm just curious as to what everybody's favourite drum rudament is. Paradiddle, double stroke, triplet, flam, etc.
I also kind of want to learn more rudaments. So just list a couple that haven't been mentioned and we'll see how many we can get!

RedHotMuDMath
01-22-2003, 10:45 PM
first off, for your info, they're Rudiments. (not trying to be arrogant and rude, just letting you know)

As for the rudiments, I usually use most of the "diddle" rudiments to warm up. Usually singles, move to doubles, triples, then add flamadiddles, accents, and add a few more things until i usually end up coming up with a "new" rudiment. I'm always eager to learn more rudiments, and i'm now concentrating on my roll/drag-based rudiments, ratamacue, double ratamacue, etc, etc.

There's muh .02

SwankyJ
01-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I knew I had the spelling wrong there, just wasn't entirely sure where the mistake was. Thanks.
And how does a Ratamacue work?

gayguy
01-22-2003, 11:34 PM
if you watch the instructional videos by jeff queen on www.vicfirth.com he does a video on every rudiments especially ratamacues.

MBJ
01-23-2003, 12:03 AM
I like to warm up with paradiddle, double paradiddle, triple paradiddle, played hand-to-hand from slow to fast. It's somewhat of a challenge at high speed.

I also like to do flam paradiddles and double stroke rolls where you accent the second note of the double.

MBJ