PDA

View Full Version : bass drum holes

blackdragon2o1
01-22-2003, 10:18 PM
i wanted to get a bsss drum head with a hole in it that has the pearl logo and i couldnt find any but i was wondering if u can get them cut somewhere...or where i can find a head with a hole in it

crazypunkguy22
01-23-2003, 02:35 AM
i cut my own using aa compass and some scissors, then it is done :o

mikeym
01-24-2003, 08:18 AM
ask local shops and look on ebay... if you buy a head from a shop they should put a hole in it for you for free... or very little... good luck... Mikeym

lildrummerboi
01-24-2003, 10:55 AM
do a search on the site there are lots of post about this subject there is one where u take a coffee can heat it up on the stove and push it though the hed never tried it i just used the remo hole that cam with my drum set not sure on the exact name its a template the u stick on the drumhead and u use a very sharp razor blade and cut on the in side of the template work well for me

ian40uk
01-24-2003, 10:59 AM
easy!

buy a " holz" hole, or just get a round object the size u want the hole to be ( can, small plate etc ) and use a craft knife and cut round it . but make sure the head is removed and placed on a flat surface of course. take your time and it will look perfect when the head is under tension .

IAN

drumwerker
01-24-2003, 08:15 PM
the usual area to place the hole is at the 3 or 4 o'clock position, not closer than 2-3 inches from the edge of the collar. Like 'zo