PDA

View Full Version : Pedel Heel/Toe No GO!!

Metalist
01-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Ok, I had a Dixon pedel with a really big foot board, and it was wicked, and what not, I learned how to do heel/toe technique down perfectly, and ever so quickly. Then I got a Dixon Double Pedel, the boards where thinner but just as long, and I got used to them in seconds, I got to heel/toe even on my left foot, not very well but good for just learning it.

Then I went to the music store, I used those double pedels for a year, and these nice pearl p-100TW double pedel caught my eye. I basically bought them, and traded in my dixon pedels. These pedels where nicer, felt more durable, they had plates on the bottom with rubber grip. I think the year on them is 2000. Not sure, maybe newer. It looks almost the same as the 2002 model, but I dont think it has the infinite adjustable thingy.

Anyway, I couldnt do heel/toe technique, and if I cannot do it on a pedel I always figured it was low tension because I have the tension on my dixons rather highish. And so I figured the springs where not as heavy as the dixon ones and they weren't, so I have the guy order up DW high Tension springs, and I strap them on, and when I do the heel/toe technique, it seems the beater does the quick back and forth motion, but it doesnt get to the skin, is their a way to adjust it so the beat his the skin when I do it? The beat is like 2 inches maybe from the skin when I do it. And I found these beaters hit my shin, annoying.

Is it because the foot boards are smaller?

Please help. Thank you.

DearlPrummer
01-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Maybee the beater is too far down in the pedal. Try to adjust the length of the beater so it hits a bit more up on the drum.Second thought, the springs are to heavy for the pedal. Also, is the footboard angle adjustable? Put it at more of an angle if so. These are the only ideas I could come up with from the explantion you gave me. Good luck man!

Metalist
01-21-2003, 06:51 PM
I have the beater up high which gives you more speed, I thunk. I loosened the springs alot, and I can almost do it, but not quite. These pedels piss me off, im seriously thinking of getting iron cobras, or eliminators, but Ive never played them, And I dont know what to think. Eliminators, I know for sure, Vinnie paul uses and he can heel/toe amazingly. Just got to know what is it that you get with them? price? Is their one model?

hack44030
01-21-2003, 07:12 PM
http://www.pearldrum.com/2002_techspeak/bassdrum_pedals.asp Maybe this would help :D Wes

xianx
01-21-2003, 09:47 PM
For me, personally, I love the Iron Cobra. I have never had any problems with anything on it not being able to adjust to my personal playing...It's also rather quick. I have never had a problem with the beater hitting me in the shin, either...But if what you're looking for is pure speed, I suggest you check out Axis. That is the fastest pedal I have ever played.

mati32
01-22-2003, 02:05 AM
Most likely, it is your technique. You got used to the old pedals, heck you Learned to do those stuff on the Dixons.

Just takes some time to adjust your approach to the pedal. That's all.

I learned on a P-100, and I can't do heel toe nor triplets on my newly acquired DW 5000 Deltas... go figure.:rolleyes:

Pearl pedals are smooth, I've played a 201, Elim, and 100s before, all very powerful.

strong springs + short travel distance + heave beater = niiiice.

mati32
01-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Can't do heel-toes nor Triplets as fast... i meant.:o

DearlPrummer
01-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Maybee the pedal you have is not for you. The Eliminator is definetily a better buy, based on the fact that it has interchangeable cams and pedal angle adjustments. It is 4 pedals in one, and is probably cheaper. If you cant figure that pedal out, go for the Pearl.

rockdrummer00
01-22-2003, 02:14 PM
iron cobras are the best you can buy(no offense to the pearl guys here)but it one of the most ajustable pedals I've ver seen and its also the most durable,and its fast and smooth,I suggest the iron cobra power glide...what kind of pedal do you have right now?

Metalist
01-22-2003, 08:40 PM
I think its a P-100TW. Im looking at a DW 5002AD but dont know much about them, I really like the Cobras, but I do not like the footboard. Is it comfortable? It seems very thick to me, and looks not so comfortable.

Metalist
01-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Also whats the main differences between the 5000 series and 7000 series?