PDA

View Full Version : Eric Singer snare

James
12-10-2002, 08:56 AM
Can I get some opinions on this snare drum,

Does it sound too "wet" with the three air vents ?

Is it versatile ?

How does it compare to other maples ?

How does it compare to metal 6.5 " x 14" snares ?

What about the rim shots ?

Thanks

rjx
04-30-2003, 03:50 AM
bump

DRUMBOO
04-30-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by James
Can I get some opinions on this snare drum,

Does it sound too "wet" with the three air vents ?

Is it versatile ?

How does it compare to other maples ?

How does it compare to metal 6.5 " x 14" snares ?

What about the rim shots ?

Thanks

The snare is LOUD well i mean LOUD... the 3 air vents help to let the shell "breath" .....

Is it versatile ? well i wouldnt use it while playing a jazz gig .. its definatly a snare for Guitar dominated music ... FOR ROCK / HARDROCK ... were talking about eric singers sig snare!!.... if ud like to hear the snare ,make sure to listen to the new RAMONES tribute cd which contains a track called "remember rockn roll radio" eric is playing on that one .. HE USED HIS SIG SNARE ON THIS TRACK

PearlMan
04-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Think of it as double the MRX snare. ;)

Smoke N Drums
04-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by PearlMan
Think of it as double the MRX snare. ;)

That's kickin' for sure!

I only use my MRX snare for LOUD gigs and outdoor shows.

It's my favorite sounding snare. I've changed all my snare drums to Puresound snares EXCEPT the MRX. It sounds KILLER KILLER KILLER. <----- Even our guitar player says it's "In your face."

I've ordered another Pearl snare to use in quieter situations.

Karup
04-30-2003, 03:21 PM
But which one is louder, the eric singer or the tama bell brass?

Smoke N Drums
04-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Karup
But which one is louder, the eric singer or the tama bell brass?

I'd say the Tama is louder with a totally different, metal ringy tone type sound.

DRUMBOO
04-30-2003, 03:27 PM
from what i remember id say that eric is louder

DRUMBOO
04-30-2003, 03:30 PM
btw ..... youd choose the louder one ??

Smoke N Drums
04-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Louder than a Tama Bell? ......... that's WAY loud!

DRUMBOO
04-30-2003, 03:36 PM
i have a Es1465 and played the bell brass once and like i said from what i remember the ES snare sounded louder .. i might be wrong its just what i think /

Smoke N Drums
04-30-2003, 03:40 PM
I've never heard the ES........from the "double MRX" I gathered the Bell to be louder.

I do know without hearing it for myself the ES has fat wood tone that is different from the Bell which I have heard.

I prefer the wood tone myself.

Karup
04-30-2003, 03:53 PM
What about the 8x14 tama artwood maple snare drum, how does that sound?

PearlMan
04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Karup
What about the 8x14 tama artwood maple snare drum, how does that sound?
Deeeeeep.

JoshTheDrummer
04-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Ah man, what a perfect time for me to answer this. I just got the ES a little over a week ago. It replaced my stock Export. OOOh man, this baby is beautiful. I love the color. The sound is explosive. Mine has a kind of a ring to it, especially with the Evans ST head and 300 hazy combo. I kinda like this, but I can't tell whether I like it with more ring or less. But oh yeah, definatly loud. Killer rimshots and cross-stick sounds. I love it.:D

Drums_are_life
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
yeah i have a vented Pearl forum snare and that thing hurts your ears and splits your head

PearlMan
04-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Drums_are_life
yeah i have a vented Pearl forum snare and that thing hurts your ears and splits your head
:eek: Did you vent it yourself? What does it sound like, well - in more detail if you will.

rjx
05-01-2003, 08:29 AM
I want a ES snare, I almost purchased one the other day. It would have been my first real snare... I have a Penncrest hehe
The reason I didn't get it is because I want something not as bright for my first real snare. But don't get me wrong, I do like it and will probably buy one real soon.

DRUMBOO
05-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by JoshTheDrummer
Ah man, what a perfect time for me to answer this. I just got the ES a little over a week ago. It replaced my stock Export. OOOh man, this baby is beautiful. I love the color. The sound is explosive. Mine has a kind of a ring to it, especially with the Evans ST head and 300 hazy combo. I kinda like this, but I can't tell whether I like it with more ring or less. But oh yeah, definatly loud. Killer rimshots and cross-stick sounds. I love it.:D

you have pics ?? what serial #

JoshTheDrummer
05-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Drumboo-Serial number 000532. Sorry no pics as of yet, but I'll probably go take some in the next day or so and try to post em.

treetrunk
05-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Hmmm..... When you start getting up in ply's on a wood
shell snare it starts to rival the volume of a metal snare.
After about the 8th ply on a snare (pearl snare, that is)
I'd go with a metal snare. The difference that i see between
the two (or hear) is the amount of ring that comes from
them with the metal snare having the more of the two.
Just my 1.5cents.

DRUMBOO
05-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JoshTheDrummer
Drumboo-Serial number 000532. Sorry no pics as of yet, but I'll probably go take some in the next day or so and try to post em.

cool cant wait to see the pics

heres mine serial 000121 singed by eric on the inside of the shell