PDA

View Full Version : My bad luck

JUST DO IT
10-30-2020, 04:09 PM
I order the maple masters complete from .............. and when I received it (WHAT THE). I am in the process of them replacing this ( I hope) or I will return the whole kit. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS.😭519469

JUST DO IT
10-30-2020, 04:11 PM
The first picture is the bass drum and the second picture is the 12” Tom 519470

Cheez_Whiz
10-30-2020, 04:42 PM
Ouch!

TMdrums
10-30-2020, 05:25 PM
Ouch!

You beat me to it but I will reiterate....Ouch!

Mike Foreman
10-31-2020, 08:23 PM
Wow, I thought that only happened with the acrylic hoops on Crystal Beats. I had 2 such broken hoops on 2 Crystal Beat kicks delivered to me. In addition to the hoop being broken, the shell on the 1st kick was cracked so they sent a whole new drum. That one arrived in better shape, but still with 1 broken hoop. Thankfully between the 2 drums I had 2 un-broken hoops so it worked out in the end. Still, it seemed like there must be a better way to pack them to prevent such breakage in transit. It's a bummer that this happened to your wood hoop.

Drumming-4-Life
10-31-2020, 08:48 PM
Still, it seemed like there must be a better way to pack them to prevent such breakage in transit.

There is... but it costs extra money. Higher-end Sonor and Tama drums ship in boxes with multiple layers, and "crumple-zones" if you will... so that the drums are more protected. At the middle of the road (not meant in a derogatory way), companies like Pearl are looking for any possible ways to save a buck; packaging and shipping are definitely opportunities cut corners.

BadAstronaut
11-01-2020, 06:20 AM
There is... but it costs extra money. Higher-end Sonor and Tama drums ship in boxes with multiple layers, and "crumple-zones" if you will... so that the drums are more protected. At the middle of the road (not meant in a derogatory way), companies like Pearl are looking for any possible ways to save a buck; packaging and shipping are definitely opportunities cut corners.I agree .. but you gotta admit the actual shipping companies are to blame. We've all see the videos of UPS / Fedex etc etc workers throwing boxes and or kicking them for no reason. Some workers are just aholes when it comes to other peoples property. I caught a fedex guy on my security cam taking box out of back of truck in my driveway and throwing it on my porch, when he could of just walked the 10 feet to my doorstep. lazy POS.

Drumming-4-Life
11-01-2020, 07:06 AM
Absolutely, some delivery drivers are lazy and disgruntled. Delivery companies are the ones carelessly (for the most part) handling our boxes. Packages can also fall off conveyor belts, pallets, and backs of trucks. So whether it's accidental or purposeful, drums may take a hit in shipping. Knowing what could happen to an item in the shipping process, it's a good idea to plan for the worst. UPS recommends 3" of cushioning, all the way around an item. With most beginner and intermediate drums, the manufacturers provide no cushioning whatsoever, and hope for the best. I was always surprised that even Masterworks drums didn't come with adequate packaging.

BadAstronaut
11-01-2020, 08:10 AM
Absolutely, some delivery drivers are lazy and disgruntled. Delivery companies are the ones carelessly (for the most part) handling our boxes. Packages can also fall off conveyor belts, pallets, and backs of trucks. So whether it's accidental or purposeful, drums may take a hit in shipping. Knowing what could happen to an item in the shipping process, it's a good idea to plan for the worst. UPS recommends 3" of cushioning, all the way around an item. With most beginner and intermediate drums, the manufacturers provide no cushioning whatsoever, and hope for the best. I was always surprised that even Masterworks drums didn't come with adequate packaging.Yep. That's why when I ship drums/guitars, I treat it like an egg and expect the worst to happen to it in transit. And you'd think for a MW they'd at least try. lol

Drumming-4-Life
11-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Yep. That's why when I ship drums/guitars, I treat it like an egg and expect the worst to happen to it in transit. And you'd think for a MW they'd at least try. lol

I'm surprised guitars don't get destroyed EVERY time they're shipped... they seem so delicate, and their size makes the boxes so awkward to move around.

Thrush
11-01-2020, 03:03 PM
I'm sure KPAC (or whatever he calls himself now) will be along soon to tell us it's not big deal and it's not a Reference or Masterworks, so you should be happy with it.

NO DRUMS
11-03-2020, 07:58 AM
Wow, That is bad luck, Hopefully pearl will exchange it but I’m not sure if they even sell that hoop in that color separately. Bummer

JUST DO IT
11-04-2020, 10:13 AM
Sitting on my chair and the doorbell ring, POW, a new bass drum delivered today. I THANK GOD. I’m a happy camper now. I would also say that pearl really get down to business (QUICKLY) when it comes to its customers being satisfied.519485

NO DRUMS
11-04-2020, 01:02 PM
That’s what I call GREAT SERVICE. Good to hear that all went well.

insane65
11-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Great news!! Pearl customer service is top notch. Now set them up and post a pic please!!!

Yodelling_Sheep
11-05-2020, 03:43 AM
Excellent news, enjoy!

JUST DO IT
11-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Great news!! Pearl customer service is top notch. Now set them up and post a pic please!!! I just have to decide if I want a matching snare or a different one.519487

insane65
11-05-2020, 08:50 AM
Thanks JDI!! Beautiful finish

JUST DO IT
11-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Thanks, but my snare.........well I guess it’s better than nothing.519488

BadAstronaut
11-05-2020, 10:09 AM
I'm surprised guitars don't get destroyed EVERY time they're shipped... they seem so delicate, and their size makes the boxes so awkward to move around.I've never had a guitar damaged being shipped yet. I use that thick pink styrofoam house insulation stuff ( called Extruded Polystyrene) , that I get free. It's about 5 inches thick and dense. I cut the stuff in a rectangle, then put guitar on it and trace an outline of guitar, then cut out that outline, guitar wrapped in bubblewrap, add support braces for neck, fill gaps with packing peanuts and top and bottom covered in thick cardboard. Then placed in a guitar box. :) It may seem like a lot of work but not really. When you're shipping guitars worth over a grand ya gotta do everything possible to make sure nothing gets damaged, even with insurance.

BadAstronaut
11-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Sitting on my chair and the doorbell ring, POW, a new bass drum delivered today. I THANK GOD. I’m a happy camper now. I would also say that pearl really get down to business (QUICKLY) when it comes to its customers being satisfied.519485Glad to hear it got sorted out. Pearl does have top notch customer service.

Are you happy with your steel export snare? If so, don't worry about it and rock out. If not, then get something you like. Matching/non matching doesn't matter.

JUST DO IT
11-05-2020, 12:58 PM
Glad to hear it got sorted out. Pearl does have top notch customer service.

Are you happy with your steel export snare? If so, don't worry about it and rock out. If not, then get something you like. Matching/non matching doesn't matter.The snare is so so, dusty, stiff throw and original (probably) 15+ years old head/resonator. It definitely need to be changed. There are so many choices it crazy.

NO DRUMS
11-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Nice looking kit,. I’m sure it sound great and that snare done it’s time.;)

JUST DO IT
11-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Nice looking kit,. I’m sure it sound great and that snare done it’s time.;)
It has a killer sound and the bass is awesome. I’m looking into snares now.I’ think in going with a matching snare because the color is so hot.

Josh Conover
11-07-2020, 04:31 PM
I’m looking into snares now.I’ think in going with a matching snare because the color is so hot.

The school is divided as far as matching snare vs. contrasting snare that compliments the finish.

For me personally, the hardware has to be the same finish (i.e. Chrome w/chrome or black with black), but I generally use a matching snare as the side snare to bring the kit color across from left to right. I like a contrasting main snare.

Your kit would look killer with chrome, brass, or even a gold sparkle snare. But stay away from green unless you're playing a Christmas show, lol!

JUST DO IT
11-07-2020, 04:41 PM
Holly crap! Look at my spelling. I think I had one beer to many. Itís funny that you mention it, I did think for a split second about the green snare. Hummm....Nope not happening.

Eric
11-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Sweet kit. Glad Pearl took care of you.

JUST DO IT
11-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Sweet kit. Glad Pearl took care of you.
Thanks, This is a sweet looking/Sounding kit. Pearl has excellent service. I made the initial call and sent them pictures and was informed that they would get back to me. Next thing I know a box from pearl is at my door. I just don’t know how the hoop and badges (Tom, bass) would’ have acquire damage in transit.

NO DRUMS
11-15-2020, 05:48 PM
Thanks, This is a sweet looking/Sounding kit. Pearl has excellent service. I made the initial call and sent them pictures and was informed that they would get back to me. Next thing I know a box from pearl is at my door. I just don’t know how the hoop and badges (Tom, bass) would’ have acquire damage in transit.The box must have been knocked around pretty bad in transit but you got luck dealing with a good company that still back they drums.

JUST DO IT
11-21-2020, 05:42 PM
Sweet kit. Glad Pearl took care of you.Thanks, they really stepped up to the plate and corrected everything quickly.

cuznred
12-29-2020, 08:56 AM
Sitting on my chair and the doorbell ring, POW, a new bass drum delivered today. I THANK GOD. Iím a happy camper now. I would also say that pearl really get down to business (QUICKLY) when it comes to its customers being satisfied.519485

That's great service, enjoy your kit now...... those are some nice drums