PDA

View Full Version : Fredo's request for new paints options in 2021.

Fredo
08-31-2020, 07:46 AM
Dear Pearl!

For 2021, I deeply want to upgrade my Vision Birch shell pack to Masters Complete.

I backed off in 2020 for many reasons, but mostly for the lack of good looking finishes...

Could you sell more straight/classic colors? No wraps, no fades, no matte finishes and more importantly, no stupid stripes...

Black, Cherry red, Dark brown, dark green... All with the wood grain that show thru, with a nice gloss lacquer.

You know, to have a great looking set of drums that will look great for more that 1 year?

Thank you very much in advence!

Fredo

Cheez_Whiz
08-31-2020, 06:01 PM
I'm sure they'd consider you request(s), IF you'd commit to buying 100+ kits, in each finish, from them ever year. :D

AL PERCIVAL
09-01-2020, 10:18 AM
I'm sure they'd consider you request(s), IF you'd commit to buying 100+ kits, in each finish, from them ever year. :D

I passed this along to our Marketing and R&D. Hopefully 2021 will have more color options that everyone is happier with.

Kiwi
09-01-2020, 03:33 PM
I passed this along to our Marketing and R&D. Hopefully 2021 will have more color options that everyone is happier with.

THE man! :cool:

Fredo
09-02-2020, 09:04 PM
I know that bigger the Ship is, the harder is it to change direction. So for big Business, decisions are made way much in advance and it's complicated to change things.

I doesn't ask only for myself, but I bet that a lot of potential buyers, where put off by the less conventional finishes.

Having 2 more weird/exotic finishes is cool. but I think that having at least 2 or 3 classic color with a nice high gloss finish is mandatory.

Thank you Al for listening!

AL PERCIVAL
09-03-2020, 10:51 AM
I know that bigger the Ship is, the harder is it to change direction. So for big Business, decisions are made way much in advance and it's complicated to change things.

I doesn't ask only for myself, but I bet that a lot of potential buyers, where put off by the less conventional finishes.

Having 2 more weird/exotic finishes is cool. but I think that having at least 2 or 3 classic color with a nice high gloss finish is mandatory.

Thank you Al for listening!

This is our 75th Anniversary coming up. We have some real cool things planned and we'll have a virtual 2021 Pearl product showing for everyone. It should be great from everything I'm hearing.

Thanks for voicing your opinions and concerns, we try to listen and act accordingly.

Thrush
09-05-2020, 02:25 AM
Pearl used to have some of the best colour ranges and options of all the drum companies. The Masters finish options used to take almost an entire page of the general catalog, and the Export wasn't far behind it, with lacquers, wraps, sparkles, plus hardware colour options.

Then it went pre-1990 and basically just offered a handful of base colours and left it at that... Such a shame.