PDA

View Full Version : MCC MRV without golden ratio vents?

senecaty
06-18-2020, 05:26 PM
Hey folks,

Iím a long time fan of PDF, itís always been a great resource. My first Ďrealí kit was a Pearl (over 20 years ago) which I regrettably sold and have since played or owned just about every other brand. Iíve finally come back home to Pearl with a beautiful MCC MRV!

It was bought off a nice fella, a pro, who seems to go through kits pretty regularly. This time he switched back to a MCC Reference, so the MRV went up for sale at an awesome price. Anyways...I digress, but wanted to give context and to say that I trust him.

I just got the kit today and it looks great! The only head scratcher that came up...the BD has only one vent (on the top, 12 oíclock). Now I get that some people prefer one vent while some prefer the whole golden ratio thing and Iím happy either way but, I thought all Music City Custom kits came with two vents?

FWIW, itís date stamped 2018.

Thanks in advance!

senecaty
06-18-2020, 06:19 PM

Jutt8
06-26-2020, 06:18 AM
All of the older Masters Series kits came with vent holes at 12 o'clock like the new MCC kit you just got. I don't think it's a big deal. I have both types and both kicks sound great.