PDA

View Full Version : How does the Midnight sparkle look?

Jazzhead
03-28-2020, 02:59 PM
Hello,
I am looking at the finishes on the MCT bop kits and I canít find pictures of real kits with midnight sparkle finish. I saw the blue sparkle, the olive burst finish, piano black but not the midnight sparkle.
Have you seen it in person? Do you have a picture to share?

Many thanks in advance!

MusicMan
03-30-2020, 07:33 PM
Hello,
I am looking at the finishes on the MCT bop kits and I can’t find pictures of real kits with midnight sparkle finish. I saw the blue sparkle, the olive burst finish, piano black but not the midnight sparkle.

Many thanks in advance!

From what I've seen of the Midnight Sparkle finish, it is not the best choice. Because of the dark color, it is not as "sparkly" as some of the other Pearl finished in the Masters line.

Before buying it, I would Google some images of various different sparkle finishes so you can see how different they look. I believe there are some pictures of a Midnight Sparkle free floating snare drum that will give you an idea of how subdued it looks.

I've seen the blue sapphire, emerald green, vermillion red, bombay gold, and amber fade sparkle (from the MCT line) in person and they are all much nicer.

Something like this might be a better option in black with sparkles ...

https://reverb.com/item/22624435-pearl-8x14-free-floating-snare-drum-shell-in-black-halo-glitter

MM :)

MusicMan
03-30-2020, 07:50 PM
Hello,
I am looking at the finishes on the MCT bop kits and I canít find pictures of real kits with midnight sparkle finish. I saw the blue sparkle, the olive burst finish, piano black but not the midnight sparkle.

Many thanks in advance!

Jazz,

Check out this thread with some photos of the Midnight Sparkle finish ...

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?265548-Special-Ordered-Pearl-14X8-FF-Midnight-Sparkle-Black-Hardware-Arrived!/page3