PDA

View Full Version : By far the most under rated Pearl kit out there

The Whale
04-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Just got my Road show yesterday and WOW! I've owned DW Collectors, Pearl Masters, Tama Starclassics and all kinds of kits. And I'm here to tell you these things Sound fantastic and are built very well. For their price they may not only be the most under rated Pearl kit out there but the most under rated kit out there by anyone. For real the jazz configuration is out of this world when it comes to quality and sound vs. price. Check em' out if you haven't!

Eric
04-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Sweet rig. Nice tight setup too.

roadshow230j
04-09-2018, 09:58 AM
They are very underrated. I was extremely impressed with the sound, fit, and finish for the price. The cymbals obviously need upgrading but the drums themselves are second to none.

The Whale
04-09-2018, 11:02 AM
You make a good point so certainly let me clarify I'm only talking about the drums. them. I could Of had the hardware and the cymbols but I told the guy to just keep them because they definitely are very basic but the drums blew me away.

quicksticks
04-09-2018, 11:24 AM
the drums themselves are second to none.

I’m sure they’re a lot of bang for the buck, but “second to none” is a bit of a stretch.

Feenix
04-09-2018, 11:36 AM
I’m sure they’re a lot of bang for the buck, but “second to none” is a bit of a stretch.
There is certainly something left to be desired in the drum hardware (perhaps, personal preference here).

But a price point is a price point, and this are probably top of their class.

MattKeaton
04-09-2018, 02:10 PM
You make a good point so certainly let me clarify I'm only talking about the drums. them. I could Of had the hardware and the cymbols but I told the guy to just keep them because they definitely are very basic but the drums blew me away.

JY, can you please do something about this guy???!!!

roadshow230j
04-09-2018, 06:53 PM
There is certainly something left to be desired in the drum hardware (perhaps, personal preference here).

But a price point is a price point, and this are probably top of their class.

This is what I meant. Obviously 'second to none' is relative. The drums won't compare to more expensive kits. But for their price, they are top of the line.

Drumming-4-Life
04-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Even "second to none" amongst lowest-line kits is debatable. I'd rock a Tama Club Jam or Imperialstar kit before I'd go with a Pearl Roadshow.

The Whale
04-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Even "second to none" amongst lowest-line kits is debatable. I'd rock a Tama Club Jam or Imperialstar kit before I'd go with a Pearl Roadshow.

Then I would wager a guess you haven't really checked one out.

The Whale
04-17-2018, 07:42 AM
An update. They still kick &$# and really come alive when you put a little love in to them. Really this little kit has some serious mojo!

Drumming-4-Life
04-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Then I would wager a guess you haven't really checked one out.

You got me... I'm unfamiliar with Pearl drum shells and hardware :rolleyes:. Enjoy your kit.

Feenix
04-17-2018, 07:51 AM
An update. They still kick &$# and really come alive when you put a little love in to them. Really this little kit has some serious mojo!
Looks like a kickin' little kit. I'd play it.

MusicMan
04-17-2018, 08:18 AM

The heads are so good nowadays that most kits will sound fine with modern heads on them (especially 2-ply heads).

Big King
04-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Pearl's Wood Fiberglass kit gets my vote for their most "bang for your buck" type of kit. They are amazing!

The Whale
04-17-2018, 10:53 AM
Pearl's Wood Fiberglass kit gets my vote for their most "bang for your buck" type of kit. They are amazing!
They are very nice drums. But at that price point their are soooo many options. With the Roadshow you get the 3 pc with HH and a bass pedal and a cymbal boom arm. For about $300 bucks. That's crazy.... Crazy worth it! lol

The Whale
04-17-2018, 10:55 AM
You got me... I'm unfamiliar with Pearl drum shells and hardware :rolleyes:. Enjoy your kit.

No one said or even suggested that. But it does seem like you may have simply dismissed this particular line simply based on perception and price point. I'm guessing many have. I know I did. I was looking for a Sonor Bop or Ludwig Breakbeats when someone offered me this. Only because of my love for Pearl did I even look at them. So glad I did. I think I'm going to buy one for my church to keep just so I don't have to transport mine back and forth. They are that affordable.

MusicMan
04-17-2018, 12:29 PM
No one said or even suggested that. But it does seem like you may have simply dismissed this particular line simply based on perception and price point. I'm guessing many have. I know I did. I was looking for a Sonor Bop or Ludwig Breakbeats when someone offered me this. Only because of my love for Pearl did I even look at them. So glad I did. I think I'm going to buy one for my church to keep just so I don't have to transport mine back and forth. They are that affordable.

Pride of ownership is important. Glad you love your new Pearl kit :)

Drumming-4-Life
04-17-2018, 03:50 PM

Actually, you specifically suggested that I was unfamiliar with the Pearl Roadshow drums. I didn't dismiss your drums; I was disagreeing with your premise that the Roadshow was "second to none," in the lower-priced drum market. I also disagree with the the Roadshow being the most underrated. My vote for most underrated Pearl kit would be the new Session Studio Select. It will be overlooked by many drummers, while they are one of Pearl's best drum designs in a while.

The Whale
04-17-2018, 05:43 PM
Actually, you specifically suggested that I was unfamiliar with the Pearl Roadshow drums. I didn't dismiss your drums; I was disagreeing with your premise that the Roadshow was "second to none," in the lower-priced drum market. I also disagree with the the Roadshow being the most underrated. My vote for most underrated Pearl kit would be the new Session Studio Select. It will be overlooked by many drummers, while they are one of Pearl's best drum designs in a while.
I didn't say the second to none bit. Either way I still think these are the most under rated Pearls. Just my opinion.

Big King
04-18-2018, 08:18 AM
They are very nice drums. But at that price point their are soooo many options. With the Roadshow you get the 3 pc with HH and a bass pedal and a cymbal boom arm. For about $300 bucks. That's crazy.... Crazy worth it! lol

I'm confused now. You mentioned "underrated" in the title of this post. Underrated usually means great kits that seem to go unnoticed. As in no one buys them but they are great or amazing kits. So far... it seems that you are just talking about "best kit for the value." If that was true, then yeah... the Roadshow might win. So are we talking about "most underrated kits" or "best value kits?"

Feenix
04-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Pride of ownership is important. Glad you love your new Pearl kit :)
Pride is a sin. Naughty MusicMan; say three "Hail Peart"s in penance.

MusicMan
04-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Pride is a sin. Naughty MusicMan; say their "Hail Peart"s in penance.

LOL :)

The Whale
10-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Update! I'm still in love with this little Road Pro. It's a total grove machine. Oh and it has gone blond to boot!

Eric
10-27-2018, 06:22 AM
Like the naked shells. Looks great.