PDA

View Full Version : I May Have A Problem

AFuller
02-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Purchased the Bombay Gold Sparkle Kit as soon as they were released... loved them so much, that I needed another Masters Complete Kit. Just received my Absinthe Sparkle Kit! See below for pictures of both. Love them. I know there is no logic in having two near identical kits in different colors.. but I dont care haha.

AL PERCIVAL
02-19-2018, 10:05 AM
Love both finishes!
yes, you definitely have a problem - - - and that's GOOD! :D

RushDrums24
02-19-2018, 10:31 AM
Now they're beautiful drums, Ive put the masters kits on my 'must have one of those in the future' list :)

killerkick
02-19-2018, 11:09 AM
They certainly are a great lacquer job/finish on these kits. Quality of the finish is above others.

AFuller
02-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Thanks Guys, For the record.. kits sound great also. Never had a sound guy say anything but positive things.

notoriousRJD
02-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Beautiful kits. You definitely have a problem. However, I am here to help....pm me and I swill send my address so you can immediately send me one of those kits. You're welcome. :)

dudme
02-19-2018, 01:42 PM
Absinthe Sparkle.... WOW! That is pretty. Both sets are nice, but that Absinthe Sparkle finish....... :o

Yodelling_Sheep
02-20-2018, 03:49 PM
Both of those look absolutely awesome :)

Master88
02-22-2018, 04:08 AM
Tho I love Masters kits, I wasn't a fan of the absinthe sparkle finish when they first came out but I saw one in a local drum shop, under lights in all its glory and WOW! Was it gorgeous! The lights really made it pop out and it was obvious the entire drum section of this shop was lit up by this kit.. Just beautiful! Congrats brother on both kits... Hard to beat a Masters kit

Snakes&Arrows
02-22-2018, 07:05 AM
That's a good problem to have AFuller! Beautiful kits to say the least!

therocker
02-22-2018, 10:47 AM
Your kits where featured on Pearls Facebook page.

Kiwi
02-23-2018, 01:50 AM
You got issues man.. and I'm jelly! :D

IronHeadSlim
02-26-2018, 02:22 PM
I definitely have a problem but wanted to make my first post by saying I just ordered a 3pc set in Absinthe Sparkle!

22x16, 12x8 & 16x16 and Sam Ash threw in a 14x8 Utility snare gratis!

Should be here on Thursday. I'll post pics and tell my tale...

AFuller
02-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Awesome, Love my kit. You wont be disappointed.

I definitely have a problem but wanted to make my first post by saying I just ordered a 3pc set in Absinthe Sparkle!

22x16, 12x8 & 16x16 and Sam Ash threw in a 14x8 Utility snare gratis!

Should be here on Thursday. I'll post pics and tell my tale...

IronHeadSlim
03-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Thanks, AFuller! At the risk of hijacking the thread I will say that my particular "problem" is that at the age of 60 I am going to learn to play the drums and I fell in love with the Absinthe Sparkle Masters Maple so that is going to be my first kit. I am probably going to ask a lot of questions.

I don't have hardware yet and have to clear out the spare bedroom to set it up. Here is a crappy first pic. I will take more with a better camera when set up. The Pearl Absinthe Sparkle is so much better in real life than pictures as I was sure it would be!

My wife and I lead worship at our church's early service. She sings and I play guitar. I have a burning desire to learn drums now though too.

truckfighters
03-04-2018, 01:35 PM
is the absinthe finish the same as the shimmer of oz finish? or is it a bit brighter of a green?

IronHeadSlim
03-04-2018, 01:50 PM
AL said it is the same but no gold specks in the Absinthe that are in the Shimmer of Oz. The Absinthe is all green and silver. At some angles the green is pale and silvery and then move around and the green really shows up. The lacquer is very deep and thick with specks.

is the absinthe finish the same as the shimmer of oz finish? or is it a bit brighter of a green?

AFuller
03-05-2018, 07:07 AM
Awesome, Great pick for a first kit! Enjoy them!!

Thanks, AFuller! At the risk of hijacking the thread I will say that my particular "problem" is that at the age of 60 I am going to learn to play the drums and I fell in love with the Absinthe Sparkle Masters Maple so that is going to be my first kit. I am probably going to ask a lot of questions.

I don't have hardware yet and have to clear out the spare bedroom to set it up. Here is a crappy first pic. I will take more with a better camera when set up. The Pearl Absinthe Sparkle is so much better in real life than pictures as I was sure it would be!

My wife and I lead worship at our church's early service. She sings and I play guitar. I have a burning desire to learn drums now though too.

Feenix
03-07-2018, 02:53 PM
I was a huge fan of Shimmer of Oz, so of course the Absinthe Sparkle is down right hawt too. I see no problems here at all, you lucky pug, you.

LeftySlammer92
03-29-2018, 12:02 PM
I'm eyeing that Bombay Gold. I almost bought one when I was in the market for another kit. Pearl did a really good job with these. I haven't really been happy with Masters drums ever since they got rid of the original rectangle badged drums in 2007, but I'm actually liking these a lot more, especially for the price.

CUZNRED
06-02-2018, 02:58 PM
I joined the club this week! ordered 2 kits, one in the matte natural and the other in Bombay Sparkle