PDA

View Full Version : my Pearl Roadshow 4 piece

dmccaffity
07-04-2017, 06:15 AM

I absolutely love this kit. It's very lightweight and portable yet well built. Looks great and sounds amazing, I threw on some Evans batter heads stock resos for now and it sounds great. Great job Pearl

MitchLyons
07-04-2017, 02:25 PM
What's that cymbal doin way up there?

MattKeaton
07-04-2017, 09:08 PM
What's that cymbal doin way up there?

Chillin out.

VicFirthDrummer69
07-08-2017, 07:09 PM
What cymbals are those? They look pretty nice.

Fuller89
07-09-2017, 07:57 AM
What cymbals are those? They look pretty nice.

I think those might be wuhans?

VicFirthDrummer69
07-09-2017, 09:50 AM
That's what I thought. It looks like the 457 series, but I've never seen that finish before.

dmccaffity
07-10-2017, 07:42 AM

The hats ride and left crash are Wuhan 457,the crash ride and splash are both Wuhan Traditionals and Wuhan China. I must admit they all sound amazing and I'm a big Sabian guy. My last kit was all AAX and HH. I have less than half the money in the Wuhans and I'm happy with them.

VicFirthDrummer69
07-10-2017, 07:09 PM

The hats ride and left crash are Wuhan 457,the crash ride and splash are both Wuhan Traditionals and Wuhan China. I must admit they all sound amazing and I'm a big Sabian guy. My last kit was all AAX and HH. I have less than half the money in the Wuhans and I'm happy with them.

I have some Wuhan New-Traditional cymbals on my Roadshow. They sound way better than entry level B8 cymbals for the same price point. I was going for a darker sounding setup, and I'm satistfied with the hi-hats and the crash. I'm not sure about the ride though. It is darker than the Sabian B8/Pro and Zildjian ZBT ride, but it's a little brighter than the Zildjian A ride. I would say the ride is in between the Zildjian A and Zildjian K ride. Besides that, Wuhan cymbals are great for beginners and they are also good spare cymbals for professional drummers who don't want to use their expensive cymbals for a small gig.

therocker
07-10-2017, 08:35 PM
I have some Wuhan New-Traditional cymbals on my Roadshow. They sound way better than entry level B8 cymbals for the same price point. I was going for a darker sounding setup, and I'm satistfied with the hi-hats and the crash. I'm not sure about the ride though. It is darker than the Sabian B8/Pro and Zildjian ZBT ride, but it's a little brighter than the Zildjian A ride. I would say the ride is in between the Zildjian A and Zildjian K ride. Besides that, Wuhan cymbals are great for beginners and they are also good spare cymbals for professional drummers who don't want to use their expensive cymbals for a small gig.

I've heard good things about the Wuhan's. I've considered them in the past but just never pulled the trigger on anything!

dmccaffity
07-11-2017, 12:23 PM
So far I've had no complaints with the Wuhan 457s. Based on the sound of the 18" traditional crash ride and 8" splash I am thinking about a set of Traditional hats, maybe a 17 Traditional thin and a 20" Traditional medium/heavy ride. They have a very cool sounding Linear Stack that I'm interested in as well.

Fuller89
07-11-2017, 01:56 PM
I have a 12" traditional splash (that is kinda more crash like than splashy) and I love it. Its just a touch trashy and kinda airy. I also use an 18" riveted china, though it didn't have rivets in it when I got it (used) and I added them back to it but I've been thinking of removing them again.

The Whale
10-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Did you get longer floor tom legs? Set up looks great and I agree as a fellow Roadshow owner they sound great!