PDA

View Full Version : Where are they made, finished, and assembled?

JGthatsme
04-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Where are the MMR shells manufactured (Country of origin)?

If someone selects a lacquer finish as shown in the 2017 catalog for the MMR series, where are the drums finished and assembled?

If someone selects a lacquer finish other than what is shown in the 2017 catalog for the MMR series, where would the drums be finished and assembled?

MusicMan
04-17-2017, 05:53 AM
Taiwan.

JGthatsme
04-23-2017, 08:01 PM
I thought they were made in Taiwan but on the Masterworks badge it says "Hand Made in Japan." So the shells are made in Taiwan and finished in Taiwan if it's MMR but shipped to Japan and finished in Japan if Masterworks?

Drumming-4-Life
04-23-2017, 08:29 PM
I thought they were made in Taiwan but on the Masterworks badge it says "Hand Made in Japan." So the shells are made in Taiwan and finished in Taiwan if it's MMR but shipped to Japan and finished in Japan if Masterworks?

You must have been looking at an old Masterworks badge. Masterworks drums have been made in Taiwan for quite some time now.

BadAstronaut
04-24-2017, 05:58 AM
Quoted from the almighty HOOK from Pearl years ago ...

"All of our Masterworks drums are made in Taiwan at our Masterworks facility. The Masterworks facility used to be in Japan, but a newer, more advanced factory was built in Taiwan a few years ago to craft the Masterworks line of drums to keep up with the growing demand.There isn't a Japanese market only factory. Our factories cover all markets, so there isn't any one exclusive factory for any country. The Masterworks produced in Taiwan is the only Masterworks facility we have."

JGthatsme
04-24-2017, 08:14 PM
If you go Pearl's home page, the first picture/ad is for the Masterworks Sonic-Select Shell Recipes. The badge clearly states "Hand Made In Japan" in red print on the bottom right. I don't think that's an old Masterworks badge.

Drumming-4-Life
04-24-2017, 08:40 PM
If you go Pearl's home page, the first picture/ad is for the Masterworks Sonic-Select Shell Recipes. The badge clearly states "Hand Made In Japan" in red print on the bottom right. I don't think that's an old Masterworks badge.

Yes, it's an old badge, and an oversight by Pearl's marketing department. All of my Masterworks drums say "Made in Taiwan" both on the badge and on the shell label.

MattKeaton
04-25-2017, 12:24 AM
Yes, it's an old badge, and an oversight by Pearl's marketing department. All of my Masterworks drums say "Made in Taiwan" both on the badge and on the shell label.

Seems to be.
Pretty sad.