PDA

View Full Version : STL tube lugs on MRV kits?

Master88
04-04-2017, 01:26 PM
I've been contemplating selling off my MCX kit and going with a MCC- Ref. Pure kit or MRV kit, haven't decided which one yet... I happen to run across this new MRV kit on Ebay today and noticed the snare has the STL tube lugs as opposed to the masters bridge lugs as is on the rest of the kit, the badge on the snare obviously states 'masters', I'm curious if this was a custom drum or are these STL lugs also available on the MRV kits??

Master88
04-04-2017, 01:27 PM
A little closer look

rollracer
04-04-2017, 02:53 PM
i don't know myself, but i find those lugs very ,very nice. i can see a whole kit sporting those lugs.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i guess the MCC series is available either in the ''regular''' reference specs, OR in ref pure specs right ?

Master88
04-04-2017, 03:01 PM
i don't know myself, but i find those lugs very ,very nice. i can see a whole kit sporting those lugs. correct me if i'm wrong, but i guess the MCC series is available either in the ''regular''' reference specs, OR in ref pure specs right ?

Yes, either in Reference, reference pure or Masters maple reserve. My question is can the STL tube lugs that are standard on Ref. Pure be ordered on the Maple reserve kit, as this snare has...these are being sold as new drums so I doubt any owner upgraded the lugs.... ??

Jutt8
04-04-2017, 06:29 PM
I've been contemplating selling off my MCX kit and going with a MCC- Ref. Pure kit or MRV kit, haven't decided which one yet... I happen to run across this new MRV kit on Ebay today and noticed the snare has the STL tube lugs as opposed to the masters bridge lugs as is on the rest of the kit, the badge on the snare obviously states 'masters', I'm curious if this was a custom drum or are these STL lugs also available on the MRV kits?? those lugs were on all Masters Premium snare drums too so I guess they decided to keep them on the reserves as well since it is a higher end line much like the premiums but with a nicer price tag.

Josh Conover
04-05-2017, 05:01 AM
those lugs were on all Masters Premium snare drums too so I guess they decided to keep them on the reserves as well since it is a higher end line much like the premiums but with a nicer price tag.

This is correct. They are standard on the "Reserve" line of snare drums.

AL PERCIVAL
04-05-2017, 07:05 AM
A little closer look

The snare drums only for Masters Maple Reserve (MRV) have STL lugs (not the MRV shell packs).

Master88
04-05-2017, 09:47 AM
The snare drums only for Masters Maple Reserve (MRV) have STL lugs (not the MRV shell packs).

Ok, this answers my question.. Thanks for the replies!

AL PERCIVAL
10-16-2017, 07:09 AM
My Buddy's Music City Custom MRV Masters Reserve 14x6.5 4-ply maple snare in Vintage Gold Sparkle. He said its the nicest sounding wood snare he's ever owned.

Eric
10-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Pretty snare.

Jutt8
10-24-2017, 07:31 AM
That is gorgeous. Those 4 ply shells with rings are some of Pearl's finest offerings IMO : )

Loving that gold sparkle.

Drumming-4-Life
10-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Those Fat Tone hoops really open a drum up... ears and drum keys don't fail me now! ;)