PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal???

valdex
05-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I've recently purchased my new 3-piece Pearl Crystal Beat, I love how they look and the punchiness of the sound!

I bought it just for live situations, and it lives most of the time well packed with some good well padded Protection Racket cases, I haven't played yet, but last week I was installing better drum heads and the kick port and I noticed something really peculiar on the bass drum surface.

It seems like a little defect in the acrylic shell surrounded by some kind of mark, made by a clear market or cleaned but it left some residue or permeant mark in the shell. I found 3 marks so far, each one is around 1 1/2 inches including the surrounding marks.

The bass drum came from the store deposit, brand new and sealed, no marks of use or anything. The imperfections are hard to photograph but I think you could see how they look. It is something that is making me nervous, is this normal? How the quality control missed this? Is the shell integrity compromised? Should I ask for a replacement? They are not easy to find here in Toronto, Canada.

What do you think guys?

Val

CUZNRED
05-08-2016, 06:34 PM
It's a brand new kit, ask for a replacement asap

Vivi22
05-15-2016, 04:27 PM
Never settle for less than perfect when you buy a new anything.

The Whale
05-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Not normal.