PDA

View Full Version : I have been patientlywaiting for these

Dana
10-04-2014, 12:17 PM
I have had Pearl sets for over 40 years. When I ordered my first in 1976, I could not afford the Wood/Fiberglass shells, and I just drooled over the "Crystal Beat". Such a new concept a the time, but not nearly as sucessful rollout nor in terms as those made and the durability of Ludwig's Vestalite series. I applaud the new Crystal Beat series and it is about time. This is about the ONLY new set frm any new drum company which would moivate me to "buy new". IF the acrylic is high quality, durable and a stable formula that will not fade, shost, get clowdy or spiderweb Pearl has a winner in my opinoin.

I am saving up right for my new kit! This would complete my "collection" take a look over on Vintage Kits.

MGRushFan
10-04-2014, 05:40 PM
IF the acrylic is high quality, durable and a stable formula that will not fade, shost, get clowdy or spiderweb Pearl has a winner in my opinoin.

Cool, glad you found a potential new kit. The only question I have is why save up now when the answer to your "IF" checklist will only be known 15 to 20 years from now? After all, all the acrylic kits from the old days took many years to show that they cracked, spiderwebbed, got cloudy etc. I would assume that the same will happen with Pearls drums eventually, since the chemical formula for acrylic has not changed since then. Or has it? I'm not a plastics engineer so I don't know the definitive answer to that. Maybe others know?

CARL PETERSON
11-07-2014, 01:28 AM
Yeah I was bugging Pearl about this 10 yrs ago!! YAY.Cant wait to get one..

AL PERCIVAL
11-18-2014, 07:48 AM
the 7mm shell and it's dual 45 rounded apex bearing edge allow for a much fatter warmer sound delivering more body attack and increased articulation. The shells sound superb!

PearlJeff44
11-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Al,

Any idea as to when these will be shipped to the dealers that already have orders pending on them? I ordered mine back in August. I was told at that time my order would be shipped with the first batch to be arraiving the end of October.

Thanks,

Jeff Bechtel

dunnigan66
12-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Mine are on order will be very lucky to see them in Jan. the way things are looking also ordered an 8 inch tom sucks there are ads all over the place for them and your going have to wait awhile and even at that no one can give you a straight answer on a delivery date about ready to check the new DW acrylic kit if thres no waiting time for them, evencomes with a snare. Odered mine in November.

Al,

Any idea as to when these will be shipped to the dealers that already have orders pending on them? I ordered mine back in August. I was told at that time my order would be shipped with the first batch to be arraiving the end of October.

Thanks,

Jeff Bechtel

hwy 49
12-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Mine are on order will be very lucky to see them in Jan. the way things are looking also ordered an 8 inch tom sucks there are ads all over the place for them and your going have to wait awhile and even at that no one can give you a straight answer on a delivery date about ready to check the new DW acrylic kit if thres no waiting time for them, evencomes with a snare. Odered mine in November.

Im about to give up on the CBs and also looking at the DWs nothing worse that a yearlong Media Blitz and No products available

nik12
12-14-2014, 11:06 AM
nothing worse that a yearlong Media Blitz and No products available
I could probably list a few things.

Nubbstar454
12-15-2014, 09:15 AM
I can tell you, from the dealer side of things, it's getting a little frustrating waiting for these things. Everytime I talk to my rep, I ask him what the deal is.

pearlygates
02-10-2015, 12:17 PM
The shells sound superb!
Yes INDEED!!!

opus138
02-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I could probably list a few things.

A foot cramp, for example.