PDA

View Full Version : Need help in finding a deal on getting our high school a new drumline, drums that is

Mike St.Clair
01-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I volunteered this evening to try to work out a deal on a new set of drums for our high school. There will be 4 snares, 3 tenors (quints), 5 basses, carriers, and new cases. The only details I have to firm up is if they want 14x12 or 14x10 snares and 16-26" basses or 18-28" basses. He wants Pearls because that's what they already have, so they have the stadium stands and such. Of course this is a non-profit situation and we've got fundraisers coming up specifically for these drums. These will be the championship series in white with what I believe will be CX airframe carriers as he said they want the back supports included. I've priced them at WWBB and any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Jquads96
01-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Hey man, check out lone star percussion.com. Things are priced very well. One thing you should keep in mind, pearl marching drums are the most expensive out of all it's competition (dynasty, Yamaha) but pearl has the most durable equipment and have been doing it for a long so it's expected. My point is pearl, especially the championship series (with air frames) is going to easily exceed 22,000. The quints will run you at least 4,000+ depending on size. Not saying you shouldn't buy them but your best bet for a good deal is Lonestarpercussion.com good luck and keep drumming.

Mike St.Clair
01-15-2014, 02:36 PM
The best quotes I've found so far are justdrumsonline and WWBB. They want Pearls because they have the stadium stands and other support stuff.

TheDrummingKid17
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
I agree. The pearls are more expensive but last longer. My opinion is to get different sections from different sites. Some sites will give discounts to schools, and have a certain percussion section(Snares for example) at a really good price, but boost up the other sections so you pay more. If the price is severely different, go to different places and sites. Otherwise, go with the Championship Series. I like the Championship series, i have the Black championship snare! Good luck!

TheDrummingKid17
01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I agree. The pearls are more expensive but last longer. My opinion is to get different sections from different sites. Some sites will give discounts to schools, and have a certain percussion section(Snares for example) at a really good price, but boost up the other sections so you pay more in the end. If the price is severely different, go to different places and sites. Otherwise, go with the Championship Series. I like the Championship series, i have the Black championship snare! Good luck!

Mike St.Clair
01-22-2014, 03:43 PM
I priced two different places for everything and they were about $20 apart. I went with the 14x12 snares as they were the most expensive. CX carriers with the waste strap and cases.

TheDrummingKid17
01-22-2014, 04:06 PM
nice

timlovestenors95
01-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Pearls are great, but I love the hardware on Dynasty's. In the marching world, I would rather have awesome hardware than awesome sounding drums. Something that I absolutely LOVE about dynasty is that the drums on quad sets are attached to a metal sheet that keeps the drums from moving. On other brands, the drums are attached to each other so there is more room for movement.

Plus, almost every high school in Texas (and tons of others in the US) own a set of dynasty's, so you know that you are getting quality stuff.

edcarrizales
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM
The only problem with dynasty is the wait time. 👎