PDA

View Full Version : Marching sling

tristo_drummer
08-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi all

I'm from Australia and there is really no drumlines or even help I know of. The music stores around here have no idea and can't help me with anything.

I was wanting to get a sling for my pearl marching drum, I already have one but I find the drum tilts way to far forward. I was wanting a sling that held the drum closer to me, I saw the pearl sling and was wondering if it would solve my problem. But I can't get one here, unless I wait ages for it to come in. I was hoping someone could tell me if it would help before I bought anything else.
Thanks all.

nik12
08-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Are you actually marching? If not, you'd do fine with a stand.

I assume you mean the Pearl Three-Way sling. It does offer some options over a regular sling, i.e. you can sling it around your back in addition to over your shoulder which can help pull the drum closer to you. I don't know how much it'd cost you, but it certainly shouldn't break the bank.

tristo_drummer
08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm not marching at the moment, but do like the thought of it. Thanks a heap for that. I'll try and find one or get one in.

TheDrummingKid17
01-22-2014, 04:13 PM
If you are marching(depending on the snare), get a harness instead. Just an idea, but if you want it close to your body, why not???, it also makes the drum more secure.